Dell TTL signal to EEG problem

Author
macrawfo
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to get InQuisit to send TTL signals to an EEG and whenever I run the programme, I get the following message:

Parallel port operation failed. - Line Number: 235 -
File:.\DirLptPort.cpp - Status Code: 9996 - Error Message: 'No device
handle'

I am using the following port trigger:

<port EEGsignal>
/ port = LPT1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00000001")
/ erase = "true"
</port>

This runs on my Dell Optiplex 745 (without the error message), but not the GX260 in the lab which leads me to believe this is a problem with the computer and not InQuisit or the exp. code.
Any thoughts?

macrawfo
macrawfo
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
One futher note -- The lab computer also has some E-Prime code on it and when those are run, the signals are sent to the EEG (so it theoretically should work)...

The version of InQuisit on the machine is the newest one listed (.07)

macrawfo
macrawfo

One more note (given some time to play around a bit)... the code works on my office machine because there is nothing plugged into the port (duh)... as soon as I plug the EEG into the port, I get the same error message as before.

In case anyone has experience with InQuisit and EEG, the specific amplifier that I have is  BrainAmp (Standard).

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi there,

There error indicates that for some reason, Inquisit is not able to connect to LPT1. Here are a few steps to help narrow down the issue

1) Open up Windows Device Manager and verify that the parallel port on the GX260 is actually LPT1 as opposed to LPT2 or LPT3. If you add a PCI parallel port to the machine, it will often default to a number other than 1.

2) Try sending a signal through LPT1 using the Parallel Port Manager

3) Try downloading Inquisit 3 and running your script to see if the same problem appears

Let me know what you find, and we can troubleshoot from there.

-Sean

macrawfo
macrawfo
I went to the device manager and changed the name of the LPT port to LPT2 and enabled it, then changed my InQuisit code to "LPT2" -- it runs and triggers the EEG amp with no problems now.
Thanks.

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Cool!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search