Record data in different variables for practice and test trials

Author
xpsi
Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear all,

I would be very grateful for your help regarding a basic question.

I programmed a priming experiment and am uncertain how to best solve an issue regarding the recorded data. I partially defined different "values."-variables for practice trials (block1) and test trials (block2) - e.g., for tracking the presented stimuli. In the raw data, the values for the last trial of block 1 are listed in all trials of block 2 (in the practice variables, which should record no data in block 2).

My first idea was to solve this issue with the "onblockend" command - for instance: / onblockend = [values.stimulipractice = 0; etc.]

Is this the way to solve the issue or is there a better solution?

I'd be happy for any advice on this matter! And apologies if this is already documented somewhere.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
xpsi - Monday, February 5, 2018
Dear all,

I would be very grateful for your help regarding a basic question.

I programmed a priming experiment and am uncertain how to best solve an issue regarding the recorded data. I partially defined different "values."-variables for practice trials (block1) and test trials (block2) - e.g., for tracking the presented stimuli. In the raw data, the values for the last trial of block 1 are listed in all trials of block 2 (in the practice variables, which should record no data in block 2).

My first idea was to solve this issue with the "onblockend" command - for instance: / onblockend = [values.stimulipractice = 0; etc.]

Is this the way to solve the issue or is there a better solution?

I'd be happy for any advice on this matter! And apologies if this is already documented somewhere.

> My first idea was to solve this issue with the "onblockend" command - for instance: / onblockend = [values.stimulipractice = 0; etc.]

You should do

/ onblockbegin = [values.stimulipractice = ""]

at the start of the _test_ block.

xpsi
xpsi
Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)Partner Member (599 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I see. Thank you for your prompt reply!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search