Unable to open file in Inquisit Web

Author
dunanc2m
Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a test that I made in Inquisit Lab and which runs fine from there. But when I uploaded it to inquisit web, I get an error message that says "Unable to open file 'http://scripts.millisecond.com/duncanemma91/languageattitudes/C:/Users/Emma/Desktop/Inquisit files/1background.iqx'. 

The script I'm trying to run is a batch of three others: 
<batch>/ file = "C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\Inquisit files\1background.iqx"/ file = "C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\Inquisit files\2mixedstiumuliiat.iqx"/ file = "C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\Inquisit files\3explicitattitudes.iqx"</batch>I've uploaded all of the files that are used in the test. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dunanc2m - Tuesday, February 6, 2018
I have a test that I made in Inquisit Lab and which runs fine from there. But when I uploaded it to inquisit web, I get an error message that says "Unable to open file 'http://scripts.millisecond.com/duncanemma91/languageattitudes/C:/Users/Emma/Desktop/Inquisit files/1background.iqx'. 

The script I'm trying to run is a batch of three others: 
<batch>/ file = "C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\Inquisit files\1background.iqx"/ file = "C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\Inquisit files\2mixedstiumuliiat.iqx"/ file = "C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\Inquisit files\3explicitattitudes.iqx"</batch>I've uploaded all of the files that are used in the test. Does anyone know what the problem is?

The problem is that the batch script references files on _your_ computer, under the path C:\Users\Emma\Desktop\...

That path does not exist on any other computers, and no files will be found there. Your <batch> should simply read

<batch>
/ file = "lbackground.iqx"
/ file = "2mixedstimulislist.iqx"
/ file = "3explicitattitudes.iqx"
</batch>

without any local path information.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic