Trouble redirecting to custom finish page

Author
Steve GJ
Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

This is my first script where I need to redirect participants to a debriefing page, and I'm having trouble setting it up. 

In the settings, I go to 'redirect to a custom finish page' and upload a htm file. After this, it shifts over to 'redirect to external website' and has the .htm extension in the web address.
When following this URL, it takes participants to a blank page. 

Am I doing something wrong here?

-Steve 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Steve GJ - Monday, March 26, 2018
Hi there,

This is my first script where I need to redirect participants to a debriefing page, and I'm having trouble setting it up. 

In the settings, I go to 'redirect to a custom finish page' and upload a htm file. After this, it shifts over to 'redirect to external website' and has the .htm extension in the web address.

-Steve 

> In the settings, I go to 'redirect to a custom finish page' and upload a htm file. After this,
> it shifts over to 'redirect to external website' and has the .htm extension in the web address.

This is the normal and expected behavior. The two options -- (1) custom finish page uploaded to the millisecond.com server and (2) redirect to some external URL -- are functionally identical, i.e. they boil down to the same thing.

> When following this URL, it takes participants to a blank page.

To see why that is, I'd need you to please post the link to your experiment's start page here.

Edited 6 Years Ago by Dave
Steve GJ
Steve GJ
Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)Respected Member (475 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, March 26, 2018
Hi there,

-Steve 

> In the settings, I go to 'redirect to a custom finish page' and upload a htm file. After this,
> it shifts over to 'redirect to external website' and has the .htm extension in the web address.

This is the normal and expected behavior. The two options -- (1) custom finish page uploaded to the millisecond.com server and (2) redirect to some external URL -- are functionally identical, i.e. they boil down to the same thing.

To see why that is, I'd need you to please post the link to your experiment's start page here.

Hi Dave, 

Problem solved.  I don't fully understand, but it had something do to with case sensitivity.  
At the finish page section, it redirected to this URL: https://scripts.millisecond.com/sgroves/Study_1/debrief.htm, whereas in the upload files section the link contained a lower-case 's' for 'study'.  
I changed the S to a lower case and this solved my problems.

-Steve
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Monday, March 26, 2018
Hi there,

-Steve 

Hi Dave, 

Problem solved.  I don't fully understand, but it had something do to with case sensitivity.  
At the finish page section, it redirected to this URL: https://scripts.millisecond.com/sgroves/Study_1/debrief.htm, whereas in the upload files section the link contained a lower-case 's' for 'study'.  
I changed the S to a lower case and this solved my problems.

-Steve

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search