ST-IAT question about --> expressions.percentcorrect <--

Author
februa
Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
expressions.percentcorrect Hello everyone,

I have a question about expressions.percentcorrect rate. My university professor mentioned that I shouldn't use any data that percentcorrect is lower than 70. Why?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
februa - Monday, May 7, 2018
expressions.percentcorrect Hello everyone,

I have a question about expressions.percentcorrect rate. My university professor mentioned that I shouldn't use any data that percentcorrect is lower than 70. Why?

The IAT is considered an easy task, so a relatively low percentage of correct responses is often considered indicative of the participant either having misunderstood the task or not having completed it with the necessary amount of concentration. Thus it's unclear whether the results are valid and the best course of action may be to just discard the participant's data.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search