just noticed another issue I thought I'd document in case somebody is having the same problem. If participants are not seeing your custom ending page after finishing an online experiment, this may be the reason.
Expected behavior: when an inquisit online script terminates, participants are shown the selected custom ending html page.
Observed behavior: participants see a blank white page instead of the ending page.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Register a web script on millisecond.com (requires a valid online license).
2. Name script something including capital letters (e.g. MyExperiment)
. This seems to be the vital step.
3. Upload script files as normal.
4. Set a launch page (I used the default with some text).
5. Set up all other steps up until Finish page (my settings: Sequential Subject IDs, 1 group (assigned randomly without replacement), enabled participant logging and IP address logging, no display on headline page, no data forwarding)
6. On Finish page, select "Redirect to a custom finish page"
7. Click Browse (Note: If I try to upload the file earlier with the script files, I still can't select it here until I upload it again), select your finish page, click upload
8. Select the appropriate page from the dropdown menu and save
After completing these steps, the finish page is not shown. Instead a blank html page is shown. If the link to said blank page (e.g. https://scripts.millisecond.com/myaccountname/MyExperiment/inquisitendpage.htm)
is edited to replace capital letters with case letters (i.e. https://scripts.millisecond.com/myaccountname/myexperiment
/inquisitendpage.htm), the end page is shown. However, the only way to get Inquisit to show the link without manual editing is to make your script name case only.
I have reproduced this issue on two computers and with two experiment scripts. If anyone cannot reproduce this bug, I'd be interested to hear it!