Alcohol Stroop Task - changing number of blocks

Author
stefaniafranja
Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there, 
I have amended the Alcohol Stroop task to suit my needs, and it's working great. 
Currently, it is running with two blocks (Each block repeats the word list 2 times, leading to a total of: 40 critical words + 40 control words per block). However, I would like instead to have 4 blocks, with each block running the list just once (20 words per list), so it would like like:
Block 1: 20 critical, 20 control
Block 2: 20 critical, 20 control
Block 3: 20 critical, 20 control
Block 4: 20 critical, 20 control 

Essentially the overall total of words won't change (2 blocks =160 total, or 4 blocks=160 total), but the participant would get a short break between each block . I have tried amending the highlighted part below but it hasn't been able to run. 

Does anyone have suggestions on which part of the script I would need to edit to get the task to run the way I would like it to? I am sure there is a very simple solution, but I am extremely new to this so it's all mind-boggling to me. 
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
stefania 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
stefaniafranja - Thursday, July 19, 2018
Hi there, 
I have amended the Alcohol Stroop task to suit my needs, and it's working great. 
Currently, it is running with two blocks (Each block repeats the word list 2 times, leading to a total of: 40 critical words + 40 control words per block). However, I would like instead to have 4 blocks, with each block running the list just once (20 words per list), so it would like like:

Essentially the overall total of words won't change (2 blocks =160 total, or 4 blocks=160 total), but the participant would get a short break between each block . I have tried amending the highlighted part below but it hasn't been able to run. 

Does anyone have suggestions on which part of the script I would need to edit to get the task to run the way I would like it to? I am sure there is a very simple solution, but I am extremely new to this so it's all mind-boggling to me. 
stefania 

Reduce the number of trials in the respective <block>'s /trials attribute to 40. Edit the <expt> element to run 4 blocks instead of only two.

<expt>
/ blocks = [
    1 = StartInfo;
    2 = Practice;
    3= AlcoholStroop;
    4 = Rest;
    5 = AlcoholStroop;
    6 = Rating;
]
/ postinstructions = (end)
/onexptend = [values.completed = 1]
</expt>

becomes something like

<expt>
/ blocks = [
    1 = StartInfo;
    2 = Practice;
    3 = AlcoholStroop;
    4 = Rest;
    5 = AlcoholStroop;
    6 = Rest;
    7 = AlcoholStroop;
    8 = Rest;
    9 = AlcoholStroop; 
   10 = Rating;
]
</expt>
stefaniafranja
stefaniafranja
Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Thursday, July 19, 2018
stefaniafranja - Thursday, July 19, 2018
Hi there, 

stefania 

Reduce the number of trials in the respective <block>'s /trials attribute to 40. Edit the <expt> element to run 4 blocks instead of only two.

<expt>
/ blocks = [
    1 = StartInfo;
    2 = Practice;
    3= AlcoholStroop;
    4 = Rest;
    5 = AlcoholStroop;
    6 = Rating;
]
</expt>