Display multiple response messages

Author
hbednarz
Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)Associate Member (92 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm working on a task in which a video will play continuously in the background and trials will be defined as specified windows of time in which a "driving hazard" is on screen. I would like to record responses continuously throughout the task, so that if a person presses the button multiple times when a hazard is on screen, all of those latencies are recorded. I think I have that part worked out - however, I would also like to display a feedback image each time they press the button (the picture will be the same each time). I've tried using the /errormessage, /correctmessage, and /responsemessage functions of trial, but I have only been able to get it to display a message once per trial. Is there a way to display response feedback multiple times during a trial and simultaneously record the latencies of each button press?

Thanks!
-Haley

<trial social>
/trialduration = 3000
/ ontrialbegin = [values.extra=""; ]
/validresponse = (anyresponse)
/correctresponse = (2)
/responsemessage = (2, redcircle, 200)
/ isvalidresponse = [if(trial.social.response == 2) {values.extra=concat(concat(values.extra, ","), trial.social.latency); false}]
</trial>

<block driving_expt>
/trials = [1-8 = social]
/response = free
/recorddata = true
/bgstim = (driving_video, sometext)
/screencolor = black
</block>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
hbednarz - Friday, July 20, 2018
I'm working on a task in which a video will play continuously in the background and trials will be defined as specified windows of time in which a "driving hazard" is on screen. I would like to record responses continuously throughout the task, so that if a person presses the button multiple times when a hazard is on screen, all of those latencies are recorded. I think I have that part worked out - however, I would also like to display a feedback image each time they press the button (the picture will be the same each time). I've tried using the /errormessage, /correctmessage, and /responsemessage functions of trial, but I have only been able to get it to display a message once per trial. Is there a way to display response feedback multiple times during a trial and simultaneously record the latencies of each button press?

Thanks!
-Haley

<trial social>
/trialduration = 3000
/ ontrialbegin = [values.extra=""; ]
/validresponse = (anyresponse)
/correctresponse = (2)
/responsemessage = (2, redcircle, 200)
/ isvalidresponse = [if(trial.social.response == 2) {values.extra=concat(concat(values.extra, ","), trial.social.latency); false}]
</trial>

<block driving_expt>
/trials = [1-8 = social]
/response = free
/recorddata = true
/bgstim = (driving_video, sometext)
/screencolor = black
</block>

> Is there a way to display response feedback multiple times during a trial and simultaneously record the latencies of each button press?

No, I'm afraid there is not.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search