Synchronizing stimulus events with Mindware electrophysiology recording

Author
Liz Shulman
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
For an upcoming study, I need to synchronize my stimulus presentation with electrophysiology data (EDA and ECG) being captured with Mindware equipment (a wireless set-up) and BioLab software.  This will be my first time collecting electrophysiology data and I am not sure how the synchronization with stimulus events is accomplished.  The Mindware documentation mentions UDP and the Inquisit documentation mentions TTL.  I don't know anything about these, though my Mindware rep assures me that I can use Inquisit with Mindware.  Can anyone provide guidance or point me toward some easy-to-understand documentation?
Thanks!
Liz
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Lizeroo - Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Hello,
For an upcoming study, I need to synchronize my stimulus presentation with electrophysiology data (EDA and ECG) being captured with Mindware equipment (a wireless set-up) and BioLab software.  This will be my first time collecting electrophysiology data and I am not sure how the synchronization with stimulus events is accomplished.  The Mindware documentation mentions UDP and the Inquisit documentation mentions TTL.  I don't know anything about these, though my Mindware rep assures me that I can use Inquisit with Mindware.  Can anyone provide guidance or point me toward some easy-to-understand documentation?
Thanks!
Liz

UDP is a network protocol, and is usually transmitted over ethernet cables. Inquisit doesn't support that. What Inquisit does support is sending markers to external equipment via serial or parallel port interfaces. This you will find covered in the documentation for the <port> element as well as the "How to Present TTL Signals Through the Parallel Port" topic in the documentation. I can't really speak to the Mindware / BioLab side of things, especially not without knowing the specific equipment you have available or plan on using. Their support representatives should be able to point to you to the proper documentation.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search