Is there some type of "splash screen" I can set up at the end of my tasks?

Is there some type of "splash screen" I can set up at the end of my...
Author
stefaniafranja
Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there, 
currently when my participants reach the end of their task, it takes them back to the programming page, and they just see a bunch of code. Is there anyway to program the task so when they reach the end it goes to a blank screen / something that says "this is the end of the task, wait for the experimenter" ?
Any advice is much appreciated :) 
Stefania 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
stefaniafranja - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Hi there, 
currently when my participants reach the end of their task, it takes them back to the programming page, and they just see a bunch of code. Is there anyway to program the task so when they reach the end it goes to a blank screen / something that says "this is the end of the task, wait for the experimenter" ?
Stefania 

Sure. You can simply run a <trial> at the very end that displays a message of your choosing. Or you can create a simple instruction <page> like

<page endmessage>
^This is the end of the task, please wait for the experimenter.
</page>

and display it via your script's <expt> elements' /postinstructions.

<expt>
/ postinstructions = (endmessage)
</expt>

stefaniafranja
stefaniafranja
Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
stefaniafranja - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Hi there, 
Stefania 

Sure. You can simply run a <trial> at the very end that displays a message of your choosing. Or you can create a simple instruction <page> like

<page endmessage>
^This is the end of the task, please wait for the experimenter.
</page>

and display it via your script's <expt> elements' /postinstructions.

<expt>
/ postinstructions = (endmessage)
</expt>

Hello Dave, 
Thank you! that works exactly how I wanted it to! Awesome :)
Thanks so much for your help with all my issues!
stefania 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search