Using a slider to rate images

Author
Anon
Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'd like to use the slider element to ask participants to rate approximately 50 different pictures. 
The only example I can find lists every question, e.g.
<slider q1>
info
</slider q1>
<slider q2>
etc..

Can anybody point me towards an example where the script just refers to a set of stimuli and asks the same question for each individual picture?

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Anon - Monday, August 13, 2018
I'd like to use the slider element to ask participants to rate approximately 50 different pictures. 
The only example I can find lists every question, e.g.
<slider q1>
info
</slider q1>
<slider q2>
etc..

Can anybody point me towards an example where the script just refers to a set of stimuli and asks the same question for each individual picture?

Thanks!

See https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost15230.aspx

Anon
Anon
Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)Respected Member (375 reputation)
Thank you!
I'd got roughly that far but I'm still only able to view one image then the window closes before moving onto the next one. Is that due to the current item element?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Anon - Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Thank you!
I'd got roughly that far but I'm still only able to view one image then the window closes before moving onto the next one. Is that due to the current item element?

I don't understand what that means. Please provide a more detailed description.

Anon
Anon
Sorry!
What I mean is that my participants have to rate 50 items, and for each of the items they are asked 2 questions.
When I run the script at the moment, 1 item appears with 1 question, a 2nd item then appears with the 2nd question, but after that the script closes rather than going through all of the remaining items. So I currently only have 2 trials out of a possible 100.
Hope that made more sense and thanks in advance. 
Dave
Dave
Anon - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Sorry!
What I mean is that my participants have to rate 50 items, and for each of the items they are asked 2 questions.
When I run the script at the moment, 1 item appears with 1 question, a 2nd item then appears with the 2nd question, but after that the script closes rather than going through all of the remaining items. So I currently only have 2 trials out of a possible 100.
Hope that made more sense and thanks in advance. 

First, you need to  prevent a new item being selected for the 2nd page / question. You can do that by using a value for selection and pulling an item number from a <list> containing the 50 item numbers /ontrialbegin on the 1st page only.

Second, you need a <block> in the script that runs the sequence of the two pages 50 times. It sounds like you don't have that.

Anon
Anon
Excellent thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search