Redirecting from Inquisit back into RedCap

Author
promero
Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)Respected Member (412 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I'm having my participants complete a series of assessments in Redcap. From Redcap, I've redirected them to Inquisit, using RedCap's record_id as Inquisit's subject_id. 

However, how do I redirect participants back into RedCap? When I redirect them to the public survey link assuming Inquisit will append their record_id at the end of the link, it takes them all the way back to the beginning of the survey and they have to start all over again. 

Help! 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
promero - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Hi, 

I'm having my participants complete a series of assessments in Redcap. From Redcap, I've redirected them to Inquisit, using RedCap's record_id as Inquisit's subject_id. 

However, how do I redirect participants back into RedCap? When I redirect them to the public survey link assuming Inquisit will append their record_id at the end of the link, it takes them all the way back to the beginning of the survey and they have to start all over again. 

Help! 

That has nothing to do with Inquisit, but probably with how RedCap does session management. You have the following options:
1) Figure out whether RedCap allows for jumping to a specific part of the survey based on a value you pass to it via query parameter.
2) Spilt your single RedCap survey into two separate RedCap surveys. Redirect to Inquisit after the 1st one, have Inquisit redirect participants to the 2nd one.
3) Do not redirect participants to Inquisit at all, but simply put a link on a page in the RedCap survey that opens the Inquisit start page in a new browser window or tab. Instruct participants to return to and continue with the RedCap survey once they're done with the Inquisit part (i.e. do NOT have Inquisit redirect them to the survey URL again).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search