Anagrams in Inquisit 4

Author
nam.168
Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)Associate Member (110 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I was wondering if I could have some help on a task I am trying to make. I am currently trying to make an anagrams task where it increasingly gets more difficult. I found pre-programmed anagrams on the website, but it's for inquisit 5 and I only have inquisit 4. How do I get those anagrams to be compatible with Inquisit 4? Or would it be easier to just start from scratch?

Additionally, I am trying to figure out how to assign points to the anagrams. Basically, I have two conditions. In one condition every anagram solved correctly results in a 1$ increase and in the second condition every anagram solved incorrectly results in a 1$ decrease. Because these anagrams are solvable I would like participants to get feedback on whether or not they solved the anagram correctly or not and if they lost/gained points. And at the end I would like participants to see their point total. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Haemi
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nam.168 - Sunday, August 26, 2018
Hi,

I was wondering if I could have some help on a task I am trying to make. I am currently trying to make an anagrams task where it increasingly gets more difficult. I found pre-programmed anagrams on the website, but it's for inquisit 5 and I only have inquisit 4. How do I get those anagrams to be compatible with Inquisit 4? Or would it be easier to just start from scratch?

Additionally, I am trying to figure out how to assign points to the anagrams. Basically, I have two conditions. In one condition every anagram solved correctly results in a 1$ increase and in the second condition every anagram solved incorrectly results in a 1$ decrease. Because these anagrams are solvable I would like participants to get feedback on whether or not they solved the anagram correctly or not and if they lost/gained points. And at the end I would like participants to see their point total. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Haemi

You need to be more concrete regarding what exactly you need help. I.e, which parts of the code do you not understand and what specifically are you unclear in how to go about?

As for making a script written for Inquisit 5 compatible with Inquisit 4, you need to strip out all Inquisit 5 specific syntax features and replace them with Inquisit 4-compatible equivalents, as far as any exist. For starters, you should open the script in Inquisit 4 Lab, parse it, and then work through the errors one by one. Sometimes it will be easier to just do things from scratch, especially if any existing script (be it for Inquisit 5 or Inquisit 4) only vaguely resembles what you wish to do.

As for adding or subtracting points based on correctness, this can be done using <values> and /ontrialend logic as usual.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search