Coding Issue

Author
Cait Carey
Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)Associate Member (82 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hello all,

We are working on an experiment including the Approach Avoid Task (AAT) into a larger experiment. We were able to put the AAT into the experiment and we haven't seemed to be having any problems until recently. We are not sure if it is a computer issue or a coding issue and we can't seem to find any errors in the code for either the edited sequence generator, which we shortened because we only include 40 pictures, or the full code. 

The main issue that happens is occasionally, about every 3 experiments, the experiment will get stuck and only displays a blank screen right before the AAT. We can use "Cntrl+B" to skip to the AAT but it doesn't always show all of the pictures. I believe this means that the edited Sequence generator may be at fault but his only seems to happen on one of the two conditions from what we have tested. If at all possible could someone give a quick look over our sequence generator code and see if there or any issues or let us know if they have experienced similar problems and how they fixed it.

Thank you for the assistance.

Warmly,
Cait
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Cait Carey - Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Hello all,

We are working on an experiment including the Approach Avoid Task (AAT) into a larger experiment. We were able to put the AAT into the experiment and we haven't seemed to be having any problems until recently. We are not sure if it is a computer issue or a coding issue and we can't seem to find any errors in the code for either the edited sequence generator, which we shortened because we only include 40 pictures, or the full code. 

The main issue that happens is occasionally, about every 3 experiments, the experiment will get stuck and only displays a blank screen right before the AAT. We can use "Cntrl+B" to skip to the AAT but it doesn't always show all of the pictures. I believe this means that the edited Sequence generator may be at fault but his only seems to happen on one of the two conditions from what we have tested. If at all possible could someone give a quick look over our sequence generator code and see if there or any issues or let us know if they have experienced similar problems and how they fixed it.

Thank you for the assistance.

Warmly,
Cait

This sounds like your sequence generator code gets stuck in an endless loop / can't converge on a valid solution. I'd recommend reviewing the code with that in mind -- to narrow the issue down, you'll want to make sure you turn data logging on for the sequence generation (anything that's set to /recorddata = false should be set to /recorddata = true), so you can examine when / how often the sequence generation starts over and where it fails. If you want someone else to take a look at the code, you'd obviously have to provide it (I don't see anything attached to your post), along with (1) a description of the changes you made and why you made them, and (2) an explanation of what "[t]his only seems to happen on one of the two conditions from what we have tested" means, i.e. what are the two conditions and which is the problematic one.

Edited 6 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search