InquisitLab Touch input on Laptops?

Author
chunhoilauhk
Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)Partner Member (985 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience running Inquisitlab experiments on touch screen enabled PC laptops such as the Lenovo yoga or similar? Is it possible?

I know on the "features" of the Inquisitlab page it says it supports Microsoft Surface devices, but i'm not sure if this extends to other touch-screen enabled laptops as well.

Ideally we would have ran the experiments on the iPad with a web license, but it's too cost prohibitive for our study grant. Right now we use a MacBook and use an app called "Duet" to run it on the iPad, but we're trying to streamline the procedure.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
chunhoilauhk - Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience running Inquisitlab experiments on touch screen enabled PC laptops such as the Lenovo yoga or similar? Is it possible?

I know on the "features" of the Inquisitlab page it says it supports Microsoft Surface devices, but i'm not sure if this extends to other touch-screen enabled laptops as well.

Ideally we would have ran the experiments on the iPad with a web license, but it's too cost prohibitive for our study grant. Right now we use a MacBook and use an app called "Duet" to run it on the iPad, but we're trying to streamline the procedure.

Thanks!

Yes, Inquisit Lab should generally work fine with touch-capable laptops. If the script is configured for keyboard input and there is a physical keyboard present, Inquisit Lab will default to keyboard input. If you explicitly tailor your scripts for mouse (/inputdevice = mouse) or touch screen (/inputdevice = touchscreen) input, though, the laptops' touch screens should work as expected, even if a physical keyboard is present.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search