Auction / Bidding Script or Similar?

Author
nanaks
Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I would like to program an auction task in Inquisit, ideally starting from a sample script. After searching through the Millisecond Test Library, I couldn't find anything similar to an auction / bidding script. If anyone knows of a script that I may have overlooked, please share with me.

Basically what I want is to have a manipulation in the beginning of the task (already programmed), then I want participants to engage in a bidding scenario whereby they are prompted in subsequent stages to decide to either continue bidding higher, or to concede on the item. Any help would be greatly appreciated for a starting point.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nanaks - Sunday, September 16, 2018
Hello,

I would like to program an auction task in Inquisit, ideally starting from a sample script. After searching through the Millisecond Test Library, I couldn't find anything similar to an auction / bidding script. If anyone knows of a script that I may have overlooked, please share with me.

Basically what I want is to have a manipulation in the beginning of the task (already programmed), then I want participants to engage in a bidding scenario whereby they are prompted in subsequent stages to decide to either continue bidding higher, or to concede on the item. Any help would be greatly appreciated for a starting point.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

I don't think there's a library script that 100% matches what you are looking for, however, several scripts in the behavioral economics category https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/categories/behavioraleconomics are in roughly the same ballpark (i.e. players compete for or allocate resources), and thus may serve as a useful basis or at least something to look at for useful hints or techniques to implement your own bidding game. I'm thinking of scripts like the Ultimatum Game, Response Game, or the Reciprocity variant of the Prisoner's Dilemma ( https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/prisonerdilemma/ ).

nanaks
nanaks
Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)Partner Member (520 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, September 17, 2018
nanaks - Sunday, September 16, 2018
Hello,

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

I don't think there's a library script that 100% matches what you are looking for, however, several scripts in the behavioral economics category https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/categories/behavioraleconomics are in roughly the same ballpark (i.e. players compete for or allocate resources), and thus may serve as a useful basis or at least something to look at for useful hints or techniques to implement your own bidding game. I'm thinking of scripts like the Ultimatum Game, Response Game, or the Reciprocity variant of the Prisoner's Dilemma ( https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/prisonerdilemma/ ).

Hi Dave, thanks for the comment. I'll see which one I can use to guide me in designing the auction task.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search