Tobii - modify gaze-data file

Author
socpsy_sbg
Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
I am trying to run an eye-tracker experiment and want to include the trialnum and the presented stimulus items into the gaze-data file.
However, when trying to include
/ columns = ()
into the <eyetracker> element, I get an error message "/columns is not a valid attribute".

How can I modify the recorded data?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
socpsy_sbg - Friday, November 2, 2018
Hi there,
I am trying to run an eye-tracker experiment and want to include the trialnum and the presented stimulus items into the gaze-data file.
However, when trying to include
/ columns = ()
into the <eyetracker> element, I get an error message "/columns is not a valid attribute".

How can I modify the recorded data?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

I think this may be a parser bug in the latest release. Can you try this one instead -- https://inquisit.millisecond.com/5/5_0_11_0/win/Inquisit_50110.exe -- and let me know if the gaze data is captured okay?

Thanks.

socpsy_sbg
socpsy_sbg
Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)Respected Member (308 reputation)
Dave - Friday, November 2, 2018
I think this may be a parser bug in the latest release. Can you try this one instead -- https://inquisit.millisecond.com/5/5_0_11_0/win/Inquisit_50110.exe -- and let me know if the gaze data is captured okay?
Thanks.

Hi Dave, 
thanks for your response - I just installed Inquisit 5.0.11 and checked the script. The gaze data were recorded correctly!

So should I avoid installing updates for now?
Cheers, 
Stefan
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
socpsy_sbg - Monday, November 5, 2018
Thanks.

Hi Dave, 
thanks for your response - I just installed Inquisit 5.0.11 and checked the script. The gaze data were recorded correctly!

Cheers, 
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the confirmation -- we'll get that parser bug fixed for the next release, until that's out I staying with 5.0.11.0 would be the way to go, installing updates should be fine after.

socpsy_sbg
socpsy_sbg
Dave - Monday, November 5, 2018
socpsy_sbg - Monday, November 5, 2018
Thanks.

Hi Dave, 

Cheers, 
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the confirmation -- we'll get that parser bug fixed for the next release, until that's out I staying with 5.0.11.0 would be the way to go, installing updates should be fine after.

You are the MVP Dave - thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search