Converting Inquisit 5 script to run on version 4

Author
George Newman
Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)Partner Member (827 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ah I see. So there is no way to present the stimulus frames "behind" the trial its self? And that's why the custom trial works while the likert doesn't, because you can layer the response  buttons on top of the html?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
George Newman - Thursday, November 22, 2018
Ah I see. So there is no way to present the stimulus frames "behind" the trial its self? And that's why the custom trial works while the likert doesn't, because you can layer the response  buttons on top of the html?

> So there is no way to present the stimulus frames "behind" the trial its self?

No, there is no such thing as a "trial itself" layer.

> And that's why the custom trial works while the likert doesn't, because you can layer the response  buttons on top of the html?

No, it's plainly a bug in how Inquisit 4 handles the <html> element in certain situations. In essence, the mouse is captured by the HTML window. Inquisit 5 doesn't have that problem.

Does that clarify?

carloskij
carloskij
Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)Associate Member (61 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, 
I found in the Inquisit library the attached version of Davidson et al.'s hearts and flowers task. Unfortunately, it is written for Inquisit 5 and my department has a licence for Inquisit 4, on which it doesn't work. Can someone help me in converting the code for Inquisit 4?

C.
Attachments
hearts_flowers.txt (291 views, 44.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
carloskij - 6/5/2019
Hi all, 
I found in the Inquisit library the attached version of Davidson et al.'s hearts and flowers task. Unfortunately, it is written for Inquisit 5 and my department has a licence for Inquisit 4, on which it doesn't work. Can someone help me in converting the code for Inquisit 4?

C.

Here's a list of things you typically have to change: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost27217.aspx

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search