Trying to get subject IDs from qualtrics


Trying to get subject IDs from qualtrics

Author
Message
bisocpsy
bisocpsy
Respected Member
Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 14, Visits: 30
Hi,
I am trying to automatically pass subject IDs from qualtrics to inquisit. That is, this survey starts in qualtrics and then automatically redirects to inquisit. I followed the instructions posted here: https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm. However, I am getting a random string of letters and numbers from the inquisit data, but the qualtrics subject ids seem to come out perfectly. I have attached a screen shot of the qualtrics embedded data where I am asking qualtrics to generate a random number from 1:99999 as the subjectid. However, when I download the data from inquisit, I am getting random letters and numbers as the subjectid (e.g., "R_2YDIWgiEuDWO1M8"). Below I've pasted a link to my qualtrics survey and to my inquisit survey. I'm guessing I made a small and obvious mistake that's messing everything up, but I was hoping that you could help me identify this mistake? 
Thanks!
JBI

Qualtrics Survey Link: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0iEouLqfWiQy4fj
Inquisit Survey Link: https://mili2nd.co/vklb
Attachments
Qualtrics Embedded Data.JPG (10 views, 29.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)Supreme Being (552K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Posts: 9.2K, Visits: 40K
bisocpsy - Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Hi,
I am trying to automatically pass subject IDs from qualtrics to inquisit. That is, this survey starts in qualtrics and then automatically redirects to inquisit. I followed the instructions posted here: https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm. However, I am getting a random string of letters and numbers from the inquisit data, but the qualtrics subject ids seem to come out perfectly. I have attached a screen shot of the qualtrics embedded data where I am asking qualtrics to generate a random number from 1:99999 as the subjectid. However, when I download the data from inquisit, I am getting random letters and numbers as the subjectid (e.g., "R_2YDIWgiEuDWO1M8"). Below I've pasted a link to my qualtrics survey and to my inquisit survey. I'm guessing I made a small and obvious mistake that's messing everything up, but I was hoping that you could help me identify this mistake? 
Thanks!
JBI

Qualtrics Survey Link: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0iEouLqfWiQy4fj
Inquisit Survey Link: https://mili2nd.co/vklb

The issue is somewhere in your Qualtrics-configuration, not Inquisit. The random string (e.g. "R_2YDIWgiEuDWO1M8") is Qualtrics' participant identifier and that is what your survey forwards to Inquisit in a URL parameter called "subjectid". It does not forward a random numerical value. I ran through your survey and this was the result:



Inquisit reads the value of that parameter and uses/records it as its subject ID as it should.

bisocpsy
bisocpsy
Respected Member
Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 14, Visits: 30
Dave - Wednesday, January 2, 2019
bisocpsy - Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Hi,
I am trying to automatically pass subject IDs from qualtrics to inquisit. That is, this survey starts in qualtrics and then automatically redirects to inquisit. I followed the instructions posted here: https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm. However, I am getting a random string of letters and numbers from the inquisit data, but the qualtrics subject ids seem to come out perfectly. I have attached a screen shot of the qualtrics embedded data where I am asking qualtrics to generate a random number from 1:99999 as the subjectid. However, when I download the data from inquisit, I am getting random letters and numbers as the subjectid (e.g., "R_2YDIWgiEuDWO1M8"). Below I've pasted a link to my qualtrics survey and to my inquisit survey. I'm guessing I made a small and obvious mistake that's messing everything up, but I was hoping that you could help me identify this mistake? 
Thanks!
JBI

Qualtrics Survey Link: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0iEouLqfWiQy4fj
Inquisit Survey Link: https://mili2nd.co/vklb

The issue is somewhere in your Qualtrics-configuration, not Inquisit. The random string (e.g. "R_2YDIWgiEuDWO1M8") is Qualtrics' participant identifier and that is what your survey forwards to Inquisit in a URL parameter called "subjectid". It does not forward a random numerical value. I ran through your survey and this was the result:



Inquisit reads the value of that parameter and uses/records it as its subject ID as it should.

Good to know, I will contact qualtrics! Thanks!
GO


Reading This Topic


Login
Existing Account
Email Address:


Password:


Social Logins

Select a Forum....






Millisecond Forums


Search