Tobii Eyetracker Error 2: 'Invalid attribute name for Tobii eyetracker.' [function...

Author
Musashi Jason
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am attempting to use a Tobii Pro X2-60 with Inquisit 5 on an Apple MacBook Pro. I have installed the eyetracker driver and TobiiProEyeTracker Manager. The eye tracker is connecting to my computer and I was able to perform calibration through the Manager software package.

I have purchased and enabled the Tobii plugin from Millisecond.

In my test script, downloaded from the Millisecond web site (the kittensorpuppies script) I changed the IP address to coincide with the IP that my eye tracker is using. 

However, I continue to get the error listed in the subject line ('Invalid attribute name for Tobii eyetracker').

I restarted Inquisit thinking maybe it had not established a connection with the eyetracker as I had it running when I connected the eye tracker and set it up but that did not change anything. Below is the attribute from the script:

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ ipaddress = "169.254.43.221"
/ calibrationmode = "HV3"
</eyetracker>

Note - I removed the original duration threshold setting as I was experimenting but that seems to have been irrelevant to my current issue.

Any advice available will be sincerely appreciated.

Regards

Jason
Musashi Jason
Musashi Jason
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Musashi Jason - Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Hello,

I am attempting to use a Tobii Pro X2-60 with Inquisit 5 on an Apple MacBook Pro. I have installed the eyetracker driver and TobiiProEyeTracker Manager. The eye tracker is connecting to my computer and I was able to perform calibration through the Manager software package.

I have purchased and enabled the Tobii plugin from Millisecond.

In my test script, downloaded from the Millisecond web site (the kittensorpuppies script) I changed the IP address to coincide with the IP that my eye tracker is using. 

However, I continue to get the error listed in the subject line ('Invalid attribute name for Tobii eyetracker').

I restarted Inquisit thinking maybe it had not established a connection with the eyetracker as I had it running when I connected the eye tracker and set it up but that did not change anything. Below is the attribute from the script:

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ ipaddress = "169.254.43.221"
/ calibrationmode = "HV3"
</eyetracker>

Note - I removed the original duration threshold setting as I was experimenting but that seems to have been irrelevant to my current issue.

Any advice available will be sincerely appreciated.

Regards

Jason

Sorry, I guess I should have experimented a bit more. I adjusted the script a bit more and now everything works fine. Completely removing the following two lines made everything work:

/ipaddress = "
/calibrationmode = "

apparently, those two settings were not needed...?

Regards

Jason

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search