Mac - open code directly to run

Author
xizhouxie
Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)Respected Member (386 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I open a .iqx file, it takes me to edit code mode.

Is there a way to either generate an icon, or change the settings so that when I open the file, it goes straight to ask for participant id?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
xizhouxie - Friday, February 15, 2019
When I open a .iqx file, it takes me to edit code mode.

Is there a way to either generate an icon, or change the settings so that when I open the file, it goes straight to ask for participant id?

Under OSX, what you can do is start the script via command line, passing the participant and group ID directly via parameters. That should fire up the script directly with the provided IDs instead of opening it in the editor first. I.e. in the terminal app, do something like

"/Applications/Inquisit.app" "~/yourscripts/yourscriptfile.iqx" -s 23 -g 2
to launch yourscriptfile.iqx with subject ID 23 and group ID 2.

( https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/howtocommandline.htm )

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search