Stimulus Response Compatibility Task (SRC) Practice and Experimental Trials with different pictures

Stimulus Response Compatibility Task (SRC) Practice and Experimental...
Author
Christine.Nothelfer
Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)Associate Member (279 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have a question concerning the SRC.

I want to create practice trials and experimental trials with different pictures. 
In attachment you can find my script so far.

There the values "practice" refer to the practice trials and the values "experimental_trial" refer to the experimental trials.

There should be 8 practise trials and 32 experimental trials for each block. In the practice trial should only appear the pictures: "orange_sqaure_1.jpg", "orange_square_2.jpg", "green_sqaure_1.jpg" and "green_square_2.jpg", but no one of the pictures of the trays. The picture should appear in random order.
In the experimental trials should only appear the pictures of the trays. They should also appear in random order.

When I run through my momentary script there also appear pictures of the trays in the practice trials and pictures of the squares in the experimental trials.

So how can I do that, that the pictures of the squares appear only in the practice trials and the pictures of the trays appear only in the experimental trials?

I hope you can understand what I mean and can help me to solve my problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

C.

Attachments
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Christine.Nothelfer - Thursday, February 21, 2019
Hello,

I have a question concerning the SRC.

I want to create practice trials and experimental trials with different pictures. 
In attachment you can find my script so far.

There the values "practice" refer to the practice trials and the values "experimental_trial" refer to the experimental trials.

There should be 8 practise trials and 32 experimental trials for each block. In the practice trial should only appear the pictures: "orange_sqaure_1.jpg", "orange_square_2.jpg", "green_sqaure_1.jpg" and "green_square_2.jpg", but no one of the pictures of the trays. The picture should appear in random order.
In the experimental trials should only appear the pictures of the trays. They should also appear in random order.

When I run through my momentary script there also appear pictures of the trays in the practice trials and pictures of the squares in the experimental trials.

So how can I do that, that the pictures of the squares appear only in the practice trials and the pictures of the trays appear only in the experimental trials?

I hope you can understand what I mean and can help me to solve my problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

C.

1) If your script requires external files, please provide those files along with the script.
2) There are errors in the script, such as references to elements that do not exist. E.g.

/ stimulustimes = [0 = blank; 1000=manikintop; 1750=grünes_Tablett]

There is no stimulus called "grünes_Tablett" defined anywhere in the script. Please correct those errors first.

3) I do not understand what you expect those <values> to do at all:

<values practise>
/orange_V1 = 0
/orange_V2 = 0
/orange_W1 = 0
/orange_W2 = 0
/green_V1 = 0
/green_V2 = 0
/green_W1 = 0
/green_W2 = 0
/temp1_Ü = 0
/temp2_Ü = 0

/nextpicture = 0
/selectorangesViereck = 0
/selectgrünesViereck = 0
/stimulus = ""
</values>

<values experimental_trial>
/completed = 0
/expcondition = 0
/orange_A1 = 0
/orange_A2 = 0
/orange_A3 = 0
/orange_A4 = 0
/orange_B1 = 0
/orange_B2 = 0
/orange_B3 = 0
/orange_B4 = 0
/green_A1 = 0
/green_A2 = 0
/green_A3 = 0
/green_A4 = 0
/green_B1 = 0
/green_B2 = 0
/green_B3 = 0
/green_B4 = 0
/temp1_E = 0
/temp2_E = 0
/temp3_E = 0
/temp4_E = 0
/orange_V1 = 0
/orange_V2 = 0
/orange_W1 = 0
/orange_W2 = 0
/green_V1 = 0
/green_V2 = 0
/green_W1 = 0
/green_W2 = 0
/temp1_Ü = 0
/temp2_Ü = 0

/nextpicture = 0
/selectorange = 0
/selectgreen = 0
/selectorangesquare = 0
/selectgreensquare = 0
/stimulus = ""
</values>

Nowhere in your script do you actually use any of those variables for item selection.

Please explain your reasoning re. how you are using those values and what you expect every line of code involving those values step-by-step. The code as it exists currently does not make much sense to an outside party not privy to your reasoning, and it is impossible to infer what it is intended to achieve. Hence a detailed explanation from your end is needed first.

Edited 5 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search