syntax changes from Inquisit 4 to 5

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
Would it be possible to have a list of all syntax changes from Inquisit 4 to 5?

In few occasion the script that were compatible with 4 are no longer working with the version 5 and having a list of all changes will save us a lot of time. What I remembered to have changed so far was valid response when using cedrus response box and "constat".

Elena
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tecnika - Friday, February 22, 2019
Hello,

In few occasion the script that were compatible with 4 are no longer working with the version 5 and having a list of all changes will save us a lot of time. What I remembered to have changed so far was valid response when using cedrus response box and "constat".

Elena

Generally speaking, there should be no Inquisit 4 syntax that does not work under Inquisit 5. I'm not sure what issue you have run into.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Friday, February 22, 2019
Hello,

Elena

Generally speaking, there should be no Inquisit 4 syntax that does not work under Inquisit 5. I'm not sure what issue you have run into.

It happened in two occasion that I had to change the scripts to make them work. In both occasions the scripts were working fine with version4.

One example is vadiresponse --> isvalidresponse; another that I have recently seen is that "constant" does not work in version5 and needs to be replaced with the number itself. 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Friday, February 22, 2019
Hello,

Elena

It happened in two occasion that I had to change the scripts to make them work. In both occasions the scripts were working fine with version4.

One example is vadiresponse --> isvalidresponse; another that I have recently seen is that "constant" does not work in version5 and needs to be replaced with the number itself. 

> One example is vadiresponse --> isvalidresponse;

That should only happen when going from Inquisit 5 down to Inquisit 4, not the other way around.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search