Next button for trials

Next button for trials

Author
tachihara
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It seems that the next button element only exists for survey pages but not trials. I would like to add a next button on my trial so that participants have to click it to advance to the next trial.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)Supreme Being (578K reputation)

Group: Administrators
tachihara - Sunday, March 3, 2019
It seems that the next button element only exists for survey pages but not trials. I would like to add a next button on my trial so that participants have to click it to advance to the next trial.

Set up a regular <text> element to serve as your next button, have the trial display it along with the other stimuli and define it as the trial's /validresponse:

<block example>
/ trials = [1-4 = exampletrial]
</block>

<trial exampletrial>
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ stimulusframes = [1=stimulus, nextbutton]
/ validresponse = (nextbutton)
</trial>

<text stimulus>
/ items = ("A", "B", "C", "D")
</text>

<text nextbutton>