Next button for trials

Author
tachihara
Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It seems that the next button element only exists for survey pages but not trials. I would like to add a next button on my trial so that participants have to click it to advance to the next trial.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tachihara - Sunday, March 3, 2019
It seems that the next button element only exists for survey pages but not trials. I would like to add a next button on my trial so that participants have to click it to advance to the next trial.

Set up a regular <text> element to serve as your next button, have the trial display it along with the other stimuli and define it as the trial's /validresponse:

<block example>
/ trials = [1-4 = exampletrial]
</block>

<trial exampletrial>
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ stimulusframes = [1=stimulus, nextbutton]
/ validresponse = (nextbutton)
</trial>

<text stimulus>
/ items = ("A", "B", "C", "D")
</text>

<text nextbutton>