Individual Stimulus items and responses in AAT

Author
Jrp0236
Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello All,

We are using the AAT for an experiment, but we have run into an issue with the amount of data it s giving in both the Star9

I have been attempting to find a way to get the output we need from the AAT which is, for every picture: (1) image landscape or portrait, (2) designated as push or pull response(intial and final), (3) what category the image  was in, (4) reaction time in milliseconds (from presentation to response completion), (5) whether response was correct or incorrect (6) what image was it.

I tried putting / recorddata = true instead of / recorddata = false which is what it defaulted to, and while it does seem to work it initially gets stuck on a blank white screen and after I use Cntrl + B to skip the block it does not show all of the pictures.  Looking at the output when / recorddata = true it seems to give us this data, but it does not seem to work properly if we do that.

I can't seem to find any other forum post about this, and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to fix it with my knowledge. I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this.

I have attached the files for testing.

Thank you,

Jamie

Jrp0236
Jrp0236
Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)Associate Member (285 reputation)
Files didn't attach intially.
Attachments
aat_sequencegeneratortest.iqx (446 views, 13.00 KB)
3.23.19Star 9 AAT Joystick.iqx (427 views, 49.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Jrp0236 - Saturday, March 23, 2019
Files didn't attach intially.

All of these things are reflected in values, as detailed in the script's comments at the top:

/nextstimulus :the number of the next targetstimulus to be presented
/selectstimulus:the index of targetstimulus (in item )
/targetcategory:the targetcategory of the targetstimulus, 1 - 4
/targetformat :the targetformat of the targetstimulus (l = landscape; p = portrait)
/sumRTcorrect_1- sumRTcorrect_8 :the sum of latencies for stimuli of (e.g.) category 1 - only for correct responses
/sumRT_1 - sumRT_8:the sum of latencies for stimuli of (e.g.) category 1 - regardless of accuracy
/repeat:helper variable: counts how often a change trial has run itself
/selectpracticepicture:helper variable: dictates which rectangle (landscape/portrait) to select for practice
/starttime:determines the starttime of a trial (measured at beginning of a picture trial)
/endtime:determines the endtime of a zooming (measured at end of zoom trials)
/expcondition:used for counterbalancing experimental conditions
/format1/forma2:helper variables for instruction purposes; set in expt
/startheight_A/startheight_B:sets the default height of the A(landscape)/B (portrait) picture
/Maxheight_px:maximum height for pictures (display.canvasheight) in pixels
/joystick_y:helper variable to track the y-position of the joystick
/completeRT:stores how long it takes until the joystick is fully extended
/changedirection:stores whether and how often participant changed direction during zooming
(0 = no change)
/joystickchange:stores the absolute change in joystick y-positions from one zoom trial to the next
/trialcode:stores the trialcode of the trial
/RT:stores the latency of the initial response
/correct:stores the correctness of the initial response
/stimulus:stores the stimulus
/initialresponse:stores the initial response
/finalresponse:stores the final response (at time joystick is fully extended)
completed:0 = script was not completed; 1 = script was completed (all conditions run)

Those you need to log to the raw <data> file, exactly as in the original AAT script. You removed the <data> element for some reason.

<data >
/file = "AAT_raw.iqdat"
/ separatefiles = true
/ columns = [date, time, subject, values.expcondition, blockcode, blocknum, values.trialcode, trialnum, values.stimulus,
values.targetcategory,values.targetformat,
values.initialresponse, values.correct, values.finalresponse, values.changedirection,
values.RT, values.completeRT]
</data>

See https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v4/aat/aat.iqx

Jrp0236
Jrp0236
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the assistance! I am honestly not sure how that got removed from our AAT, but I am happy it was an easy fix. It is all working now.

I apologize for such a simple question. This project has been hitting alot of walls in terms of coding, and I appreciate the expert advice to improve my personal coding skills and the lab's project.

Have a wonderful week,

Jamie
Jrp0236
Jrp0236
Hello Dave,

Thank you again for the help! Is there anyway to put the item level data in the summary data? 

So that every participant will have all data for the AAT trials( i.e. values.stimulus,values.targetcategory,values.targetformat,values.initialresponse, values.correct, values.finalresponse, values.changedirection,values.RT, Values.completeRT) in a horizontal summary data format?

Not sure if this is possible but wanted to ask.

Thank you for all of the help,

Jamie
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Jrp0236 - Monday, April 1, 2019
Hello Dave,

Thank you again for the help! Is there anyway to put the item level data in the summary data? 

So that every participant will have all data for the AAT trials( i.e. values.stimulus,values.targetcategory,values.targetformat,values.initialresponse, values.correct, values.finalresponse, values.changedirection,values.RT, Values.completeRT) in a horizontal summary data format?

Not sure if this is possible but wanted to ask.

Thank you for all of the help,

Jamie

No, that's not possible. If need be, you can however transform the raw data file using your preferred statistical analysis application (e.g. CASETOVARS in SPSS: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLVMB_23.0.0/spss/base/syn_casestovars.html ).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search