list, itemprobabilities - use of expression

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave 

In a gambling task, I would like to determine the participant win, lose or "neither win or lose" according to certain probabilities. The probabilities varies for each of the 10 trials and the sequence of the trials is randomly chosen.

I placed the probabilities of win, loss and neither in three different text 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tecnika - Friday, March 29, 2019
Hi Dave 

In a gambling task, I would like to determine the participant win, lose or "neither win or lose" according to certain probabilities. The probabilities varies for each of the 10 trials and the sequence of the trials is randomly chosen.

I don't understand the question, I'm afraid. Please elaborate and provide the respective code.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Friday, March 29, 2019
Hi Dave 

I don't understand the question, I'm afraid. Please elaborate and provide the respective code.

Hi Dave, for whatever reason the code I copied in the HTML version of the post was not sent. 
In a gambling task, I would like to determine if the participant win, lose or "neither win or lose" according to certain probabilities. The probabilities varies for each of the 10 trials and the sequence of the trials is randomly chosen. 
So I put win, loose and neither in a list and as itemprobability I entered the values of each probability at the determined trial.
 Maybe with the code in attachment is clearer? Thank you,

Elena

Attachments
Gambling_Task_play.iqx (332 views, 59.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Friday, March 29, 2019
Hi Dave 

Hi Dave, for whatever reason the code I copied in the HTML version of the post was not sent. 
In a gambling task, I would like to determine if the participant win, lose or "neither win or lose" according to certain probabilities. The probabilities varies for each of the 10 trials and the sequence of the trials is randomly chosen. 
So I put win, loose and neither in a list and as itemprobability I entered the values of each probability at the determined trial.
 Maybe with the code in attachment is clearer? Thank you,

Elena

Sorry, I can't run that code because you have not provided the various external files it needs. Could you please do that. Also, I'm still not clear on what the question is, which elements you are referring to in the script, and what exactly you expect them to do. Could you please explain in some detail and reference the respective elements by name. Thank you.

Note that itemprobabilities need to add to 1. In your script, they do not, since the various values are initialized to 0.00. You'll get an error. As for changing probabilites at runtime, at some later point, see https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic26345.aspx

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search