Unequal distribution of stimuli

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Leahjule - Wednesday, April 24, 2019

I did always exclude the practice trials from the analyses. Quite possible that I forgot once but the unequal distributions kept occurring. I do get equal distributions with your dataset now as well. So I am not sure where the fault was. But it works now, weird as it is...

Can only have been some SPSS hiccup with respect to the data set I posted -- I checked the counts in multiple ways, using different applications as well as counting occurences by hand (always the same result, 4 instances of each item). That makes me fairly certain that at least the script is performing as it should now.

Leahjule
Leahjule
Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)Respected Member (345 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Leahjule - Wednesday, April 24, 2019

I did always exclude the practice trials from the analyses. Quite possible that I forgot once but the unequal distributions kept occurring. I do get equal distributions with your dataset now as well. So I am not sure where the fault was. But it works now, weird as it is...

Can only have been some SPSS hiccup with respect to the data set I posted -- I checked the counts in multiple ways, using different applications as well as counting occurences by hand (always the same result, 4 instances of each item). That makes me fairly certain that at least the script is performing as it should now.

I've also given it a few tries, everything seems to be working. Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated! :)

Leah
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search