How to put several task online with a web licence ?

Author
Ma__02
Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)Associate Member (159 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I purchased a "web licence 1 year + lab", which is already activated. My problem is : I'm able to register only one task to put it online... How to upload more tasks, as the licence allows it ? Since the tasks you can put online are illimited due to the web licence, aren't they ?

Moreover, the only task online doesn't work on few computers, some participant aren't able to download the test. What did I do wrong?

Thank you for you advices;
Best regards

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Ma__02 - Thursday, May 16, 2019
Hello,

I purchased a "web licence 1 year + lab", which is already activated. My problem is : I'm able to register only one task to put it online... How to upload more tasks, as the licence allows it ? Since the tasks you can put online are illimited due to the web licence, aren't they ?

Moreover, the only task online doesn't work on few computers, some participant aren't able to download the test. What did I do wrong?

Thank you for you advices;
Best regards

A single web license allows you to have a single study uploaded and active for data collection at any given time. A study can consist of multiple tasks admiinistered one after another. If you want to administer several tasks as part of your study, you ought to create a <batch> script. For the sake of example, suppose you have three scripts A to C and wish to administer them in that order.
Then you'd create a small file in Inquisit Lab with the following contents:

<batch>
/ file = "a.iqx"
/file = "b.iqx"
/file = "c.iqx"
</batch>

Save that file as e.g. "abc_batch.iqx", upload it along with the actual scripts and then select "abc_batch.iqx" as your start script in the web experiment settings.
https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/multiplescripts.htm
https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/elements/batch.htm

If, on the other hand, you want to have multiple separate / independent studies online for data collection concurrently, you would need additional Inquisit Web licenses (see "Web Licensing" at https://www.millisecond.com/products/inquisit5/academicweb.aspx ).

Edited 5 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search