auto mouse left click after a duration.

auto mouse left click after a duration.

Author
peter
Respected Member
Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)Respected Member (318 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all.
In my study participants will move a mouse over a board (think Ouija board). I need the mouse to auto left click after a set period of time (hopefully on a target object). This will end the trial and record the object clicked on (if any).  The hard bit is to to get the mouse to auto left click after a set period of time.  Can any you you lovely people help me with this please.
Many thanks. 
Peter
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)Supreme Being (618K reputation)

Group: Administrators
peter - 6/10/2019
Hi all.
In my study participants will move a mouse over a board (think Ouija board). I need the mouse to auto left click after a set period of time (hopefully on a target object). This will end the trial and record the object clicked on (if any).  The hard bit is to to get the mouse to auto left click after a set period of time.  Can any you you lovely people help me with this please.
Many thanks. 
Peter

There is no way to make the mouse auto-left-click. You can, however, have the trial end after a set amount of time by specifying a /timeout (if you want to specify a maximum duration) or /trialduration (if you want to specify a fixed duration). You can record the mouse's x and y coordinates /ontrialend even if there is no click, by loggin the mouse.x and mouse.y properties.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Social Logins

Select a Forum....

Millisecond Forums

Search