Adding borders to images?

Author
inquisituser22
Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I am working on modifying the Approach Avoidance script to instruct participants to pull/push in response to different colored borders around the images, rather than if the images are landscape or portrait, as the script currently is. I have not been able to find a way to add colored borders yet however - I would be appreciative if someone could please let me know if this something Inquisit 5 is able to do, or would it be best for me to add borders in a separate photo editing software?

Thank you!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
inquisituser22 - 6/13/2019
Hello,
I am working on modifying the Approach Avoidance script to instruct participants to pull/push in response to different colored borders around the images, rather than if the images are landscape or portrait, as the script currently is. I have not been able to find a way to add colored borders yet however - I would be appreciative if someone could please let me know if this something Inquisit 5 is able to do, or would it be best for me to add borders in a separate photo editing software?

Thank you!!

The way to create borders would be to put a colored <shape> or other <picture> element under the stimulus image that's slightly larger than the stimulus image. Then scale that <picture> or <shape> along with the stimulus image in the zoom-in and zoom-out trials. Alternatively, use your preferred image editing software to simply create colored borders in the original stimulus images.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 6/13/2019
inquisituser22 - 6/13/2019
Hello,

Thank you!!

The way to create borders would be to put a colored <shape> or other <picture> element under the stimulus image that's slightly larger than the stimulus image. Then scale that <picture> or <shape> along with the stimulus image in the zoom-in and zoom-out trials. Alternatively, use your preferred image editing software to simply create colored borders in the original stimulus images.

I'm attaching a simple example to illustrate the idea below; this implements borders during the practice blocks via a <picture> element (<picture practiceborder>) displaying differently colored images underneath the target image.

Attachments
aat_mouseinput_borders.iqx (325 views, 34.00 KB)
border_red_l.jpg (287 views, 12.00 KB)
border_blue_p.jpg (278 views, 7.00 KB)
grayrectangle_l.jpg (292 views, 12.00 KB)
grayrectangle_p.jpg (284 views, 7.00 KB)
inquisituser22
inquisituser22
Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Thank you so very much for these directions and especially for the example!! I am very thankful!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search