Subject IDs

Author
nivong
Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello guys,

is it possible to set the subjects IDs to 1 for the beginning or do they need to be random numbers?

Kind regards,
Nina
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nivong - 7/12/2019
Hello guys,

is it possible to set the subjects IDs to 1 for the beginning or do they need to be random numbers?

Kind regards,
Nina

Subject IDs don't need to be random numbers, but obviously, if you're going to have multiple subjects complete your experiment, you'll want a way to distinguish between them, i.e. a different ID for each.

nivong
nivong
Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)
Dave - 7/12/2019
nivong - 7/12/2019
Hello guys,

Kind regards,
Nina

Subject IDs don't need to be random numbers, but obviously, if you're going to have multiple subjects complete your experiment, you'll want a way to distinguish between them, i.e. a different ID for each.

Yes, that is obvious. I meant to set up the subject IDs for participant 1 to 1 and the second one has the ID: 2, third one :3 .
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nivong - 7/13/2019
Dave - 7/12/2019
nivong - 7/12/2019
Hello guys,

Kind regards,
Nina

Yes, that is obvious. I meant to set up the subject IDs for participant 1 to 1 and the second one has the ID: 2, third one :3 .

You can select sequential subject ID generation in your web experiment's settings.

nivong
nivong
Dave - 7/13/2019
nivong - 7/13/2019
Dave - 7/12/2019
nivong - 7/12/2019
Hello guys,

Kind regards,
Nina

You can select sequential subject ID generation in your web experiment's settings.

Great thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search