How do I both randomize the order in which my trials appear and set the number of "correct" response...

How do I both randomize the order in which my trials appear and set...
Author
psychnewbie
Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm working on a version of a GNAT, and the project's PI wants to be able to specifically set the number of "correct pairs" (or pairs of images that are designated as requiring the press of a space bar) that participants are shown. How can I do this while also randomizing the order in which participants see trials?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
psychnewbie - 7/23/2019
I'm working on a version of a GNAT, and the project's PI wants to be able to specifically set the number of "correct pairs" (or pairs of images that are designated as requiring the press of a space bar) that participants are shown. How can I do this while also randomizing the order in which participants see trials?

There isn't sufficient information here to give a response. Ordinarily, you simply create two <trial> elements -- one that displays a "correct pair" and thus requires a response, another one that doesn't -- and then you randomize their order via the <block>'s /trials attribute.

psychnewbie
psychnewbie
Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)Partner Member (620 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/23/2019
psychnewbie - 7/23/2019

There isn't sufficient information here to give a response. Ordinarily, you simply create two <trial> elements -- one that displays a "correct pair" and thus requires a response, another one that doesn't -- and then you randomize their order via the <block>'s /trials attribute.

I've done that, but is there any way to (for example) specify that within a block of 50 trials, the "correct pair" trial appears 30 times? Or is that not compatible with randomizing trials within blocks?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
psychnewbie - 7/23/2019
Dave - 7/23/2019
psychnewbie - 7/23/2019

I've done that, but is there any way to (for example) specify that within a block of 50 trials, the "correct pair" trial appears 30 times? Or is that not compatible with randomizing trials within blocks?

That's perfectly possible. You simply enter the trials in the desired proportions into the noreplace() selection pool in the <block>'s /trials attribute.

/ trials = [1 - 50 = noreplace(correct_pair, correct_pair, correct_pair, incorrect_pair, incorrect_pair)]

will run exactly 30 instances of <trial correct_pair> and 20 instances of <trial incorrect_pair> in random order, i.e. a 3:2 ratio.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search