Automatically moving on from a stimulus instead of needing to click...

Automatically moving on from a stimulus instead of needing to click......
Author
whatsherface
Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi -

I am currently working on coding my "Delayed Non-Matching to Sample" task. I have noticed an issue that I am trying to correct but I am unsure how.

Participants are presented with an initial stimulus (either green or red dot) for 2secs. After these 2secs, participants need to click the mouse to move on. What I would LIKE to have happen is for the stimulus to disappear automatically after those 2secs and go straight into the delay phase of either 0sec, 15sec or 30sec. 

From what I understand, another "blank image" needs to be inserted so it runs the initial stimulus, then the blank image and then the delay... but I am unsure how to do this. I've tried a few different ways but none of them seem to work correctly. 

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
whatsherface - 7/25/2019
Hi -

I am currently working on coding my "Delayed Non-Matching to Sample" task. I have noticed an issue that I am trying to correct but I am unsure how.

Participants are presented with an initial stimulus (either green or red dot) for 2secs. After these 2secs, participants need to click the mouse to move on. What I would LIKE to have happen is for the stimulus to disappear automatically after those 2secs and go straight into the delay phase of either 0sec, 15sec or 30sec. 

From what I understand, another "blank image" needs to be inserted so it runs the initial stimulus, then the blank image and then the delay... but I am unsure how to do this. I've tried a few different ways but none of them seem to work correctly. 

Thanks!

If you want a trial to terminate after some amount of time, without requiring a response, set the trial's /validresponse to noresponse and define a /trialduration.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 7/25/2019
whatsherface - 7/25/2019
Hi -

Thanks!

If you want a trial to terminate after some amount of time, without requiring a response, set the trial's /validresponse to noresponse and define a /trialduration.

To spell it out:

<trial DMTS_start>
/inputdevice = mouse
/ontrialbegin = [values.targetcolor = list.targetcolor.nextvalue]
/ontrialbegin = [values.compcolor = list.compcolor.nextvalue]
/ontrialbegin = [values.targetlocation = list.targetlocation.nextvalue]
/ontrialbegin = [if (values.targetlocation == 1) {values.target_x = 25%; values.comp_x = 75%}
else {values.target_x = 75%; values.comp_x = 25%}]

/ontrialbegin = [values.delaycondition = list.delay.nextvalue]
/ontrialbegin = [if (values.delaycondition == 1) values.delay = parameters.delay1
else if (values.delaycondition == 2) values.delay = parameters.delay2
else if (values.delaycondition == 3) values.delay = parameters.delay3
else values.delay = parameters.delay4]

/stimulusframes = [1 = stim]
/validresponse = (lbuttondown)
/beginresponsetime = parameters.min_stimulusduration
/branch = [trial.DMTS_delay]
/recorddata = true
</trial>

simply becomes

<trial DMTS_start>
/inputdevice = mouse
/ontrialbegin = [if (values.targetlocation == 1) {values.target_x = 25%; values.comp_x = 75%}

/ontrialbegin = [if (values.delaycondition == 1) values.delay = parameters.delay1

/ validresponse = (noresponse)
/ trialduration = parameters.min_stimulusduration
/recorddata = true
</trial>

with

<parameters>
/min_stimulusduration = 2000
/delay1 = 0
/delay2 = 1000
/delay3 = 4000
/delay4 = 20000
/iti = 5000
</parameters>

if you want the stimulus to be displayed for two seconds.

whatsherface
whatsherface
Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)Associate Member (151 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/25/2019
Dave - 7/25/2019
whatsherface - 7/25/2019
Hi -

Thanks!

To spell it out:

<trial DMTS_start>
/inputdevice = mouse

/validresponse = (lbuttondown)
/beginresponsetime = parameters.min_stimulusduration
/recorddata = true
</trial>

simply becomes

<trial DMTS_start>
/inputdevice = mouse

/ validresponse = (noresponse)
/ trialduration = parameters.min_stimulusduration
/recorddata = true
</trial>

with

<parameters>
/min_stimulusduration = 2000
/delay1 = 0
/delay2 = 1000
/delay3 = 4000
/delay4 = 20000
/iti = 5000
</parameters>

if you want the stimulus to be displayed for two seconds.

Thank you so much!! This really helps and is a lot simpler than I thought it would be :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search