video slow and weird

Author
jellie
Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)Associate Member (58 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a script in which I am playing videos. I finally got it to work, but now the video plays slowly and bumby, as if there is a delay in it. It works fine in vlc or media player.

Any thoughts?

<video receivinghelp>
/ items = ("vupuzzle_la_slim3.mpeg")
/ playthrough = true
/ position = (50, 50)
</video>

<trial video>
/stimulusframes = [1=receivinghelp]
/trialduration = 78000
</trial>

<block video>
/trials = [1=video]
</block>
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jellie - 8/13/2019
I have a script in which I am playing videos. I finally got it to work, but now the video plays slowly and bumby, as if there is a delay in it. It works fine in vlc or media player.

Any thoughts?

<video receivinghelp>
/ items = ("vupuzzle_la_slim3.mpeg")
/ playthrough = true
/ position = (50, 50)
</video>

<trial video>
/stimulusframes = [1=receivinghelp]
/trialduration = 78000
</trial>

<block video>
/trials = [1=video]
</block>

Inquisit 4 uses the operating system's DirectShow filters to render videos, so the issue would be with those / general performance of the system.

zsoltio
zsoltio
New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)
Hello,

I have the same problem with the video. The visual frames are super slow but the sound is fine. The two are not in the same speed. It works only if the video is 320x240 pixel and so it is 8 MB. Higher resolution video is running fine on my computer. It would be hard to imaging that my computer cannot play the video and run the experiment at the same time due general perfomance of the system.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
zsoltio - 2/22/2020
Hello,

I have the same problem with the video. The visual frames are super slow but the sound is fine. The two are not in the same speed. It works only if the video is 320x240 pixel and so it is 8 MB. Higher resolution video is running fine on my computer. It would be hard to imaging that my computer cannot play the video and run the experiment at the same time due general perfomance of the system.

As noted above, Inquisit does not render videos itself, but uses the OS facilities (specifically, DirectShow in case of Inquisit 4). If video playback is slow and/or choppy, then it's overwhelmingly likely an issue with those filters' configuration.
zsoltio
zsoltio
New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)
Dave - 2/24/2020

As noted above, Inquisit does not render videos itself, but uses the OS facilities (specifically, DirectShow in case of Inquisit 4). If video playback is slow and/or choppy, then it's overwhelmingly likely an issue with those filters' configuration.

Thank you, Dave. I use Inquisit 6. Could you please help me fixing the DirectShow? Do I need to download a codec package?
Dave
Dave
zsoltio - 2/24/2020
Dave - 2/24/2020

Thank you, Dave. I use Inquisit 6. Could you please help me fixing the DirectShow? Do I need to download a codec package?

This is the Inquisit 4 forum, so I assumed you were using Inquisit 4. Inquisit 6 does not rely on DirectShow, it uses the newer Windows Media Foundation framework (WMF); the rendering is still being done by the OS's built-in facilities, though. (The situation on Macs is analogous, Inquisit uses Mac OSX's built-in rendering facilities.)

I'm happy to take a look at the choppy video, but for me to do that, you'd have to make it available for me to download somewhere (e.g. DropBox or your Google Drive).
Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search