URL for groupid, 4 conditions with

Author
psychology8
Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have read a few posts about assigning both subject id/workerid and group id's through URL's when using Inquisit Web (this one was most helpful in particular https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic19623-1.aspx), however, my URL launch page isn't working properly. I am redirecting participants from TurkPrime. 

There are four conditions/ group id's. My groupid's are 0, 1, 2, 3 due to the following:

//condition 1
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==1]
/ file = "setPtp1Items_v2.txt"
</include>

//condition 2
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==2]
/ file = "setPtp2Items_v2.txt"
</include>

//condition 3
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==3]
/ file = "setPtp3Items_v2.txt"
</include>

//condition 4
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==0]
/ file = "setPtp4Items_v2.txt"
</include>

Upon testing the study on Inquisit Web (launching the study), the launch page URL in inquisit lists the subjectid = 1 and  groupid=1234. First, I believe it should only be 1, 2, 3, or 0, not all combinations, and 4 shouldn't be included. I'm not sure if this is a problem due to having only one <experiment>. I only need one because all of the differences are in the include files. 

<expt s>
/ groupassignment = groupnumber
/ blocks = [1 = welcome; 2 = consent; 3= mturkid; 4=instructions; 5=blocks; 6= demographics; 7= motivation_question; 8= debriefing; 9 = thankyou_completed]
/ onexptend = [values.completed = 1]
</expt>

Any assistance with figuring out the proper URL groupid would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
psychology8 - 8/13/2019
Hello,

I have read a few posts about assigning both subject id/workerid and group id's through URL's when using Inquisit Web (this one was most helpful in particular https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic19623-1.aspx), however, my URL launch page isn't working properly. I am redirecting participants from TurkPrime. 

There are four conditions/ group id's. My groupid's are 0, 1, 2, 3 due to the following:

//condition 1
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==1]
/ file = "setPtp1Items_v2.txt"
</include>

//condition 2
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==2]
/ file = "setPtp2Items_v2.txt"
</include>

//condition 3
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==3]
/ file = "setPtp3Items_v2.txt"
</include>

//condition 4
<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,4)==0]
/ file = "setPtp4Items_v2.txt"
</include>

Upon testing the study on Inquisit Web (launching the study), the launch page URL in inquisit lists the subjectid = 1 and  groupid=1234. First, I believe it should only be 1, 2, 3, or 0, not all combinations, and 4 shouldn't be included. I'm not sure if this is a problem due to having only one <experiment>. I only need one because all of the differences are in the include files. 

<expt s>
/ groupassignment = groupnumber
/ blocks = [1 = welcome; 2 = consent; 3= mturkid; 4=instructions; 5=blocks; 6= demographics; 7= motivation_question; 8= debriefing; 9 = thankyou_completed]
/ onexptend = [values.completed = 1]
</expt>

Any assistance with figuring out the proper URL groupid would be much appreciated.

Thank you

> First, I believe it should only be 1, 2, 3, or 0, not all combinations, and 4 shouldn't be included.

No, your group IDs are not 1,2,3, or 0. It's the remainder of the group ID that is zero when taking the groupid modulo 4 in the case of groupid = 4 (or some other exact multiple of 4). See https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic13856.aspx regarding how condition assignment works mathematically.

Now, if you want to launch your experiment's 1st condition, you simply set groupid=1 in the address bar and hit enter.
If you want to launch the 2nd condition, you set groupid=2.
If you want to launch the 3rd condition, you set groupid=3, and for the 4th condition you set it to 4.

Since you're planning to redirect pariticpants to the start page from TurkPrime, you need to configure the MTurk platform to set the groupid parameter to one of the 4 values and forward that information to Inquisit.

psychology8
psychology8
Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Thanks, Dave! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search