Checkboxes stay on screen

Author
tachihara
Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a survey page in the beginning with checkboxes. When taking the experiment, the checkboxes stay on the screen for the rest of the time, with new questions or stimuli appearing on top. Using clear screen did not help. Oddly, this issue occurs on some computers but not others (consistent for each computer) even with the exact same link. Thank you in advance for your help!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tachihara - 10/1/2019
I have a survey page in the beginning with checkboxes. When taking the experiment, the checkboxes stay on the screen for the rest of the time, with new questions or stimuli appearing on top. Using clear screen did not help. Oddly, this issue occurs on some computers but not others (consistent for each computer) even with the exact same link. Thank you in advance for your help!

Would you (a) have the link, and (b) any information about the computers you've observed the issue on and any commonalities between them (e.g. same operating system / version, same make / model of graphics card, etc.)? My first intuition would be an issue with the graphics driver, so updating to the latest version available from the vendor is worth trying.

tachihara
tachihara
Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)Associate Member (219 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 10/1/2019
tachihara - 10/1/2019

Would you (a) have the link, and (b) any information about the computers you've observed the issue on and any commonalities between them (e.g. same operating system / version, same make / model of graphics card, etc.)? My first intuition would be an issue with the graphics driver, so updating to the latest version available from the vendor is worth trying.

Here's the link to the experiment.
https://mili2nd.co/wpob
I am planning to ask people to take it online so my fear is that even if I have the latest version, my participants will still have the issue. 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tachihara - 10/1/2019
Dave - 10/1/2019
tachihara - 10/1/2019

Here's the link to the experiment.
https://mili2nd.co/wpob
I am planning to ask people to take it online so my fear is that even if I have the latest version, my participants will still have the issue. 

Then the only option I can see is replacing the checkboxes with some other type of question format (e.g. multiple <radiobuttons> elements).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search