Time limit

Author
fenixfunk5
Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

How do I program such that there is a time limit for categorizing in an IAT? Ie. if a person spends over, say, 5000 ms to respons in an IAT a message appears and it automatically moves to the next attribute in the design.

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
fenixfunk5 - 12/10/2019
Hi,

How do I program such that there is a time limit for categorizing in an IAT? Ie. if a person spends over, say, 5000 ms to respons in an IAT a message appears and it automatically moves to the next attribute in the design.

Thanks!

You would specifiy a /timeout in the <trial> elements:

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/attributes/timeout.htm

<trial attributeA>
/timeout = 5000
</trial>

fenixfunk5
fenixfunk5
Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)Associate Member (97 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, that was easy enough.

When I implement this it automatically skips to the next stimuli in the trial after the 5000 ms timelimit. Is there a way of haulting the test instead of going forward automatically? And have the respondent press a button before the next stimuli appears?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
fenixfunk5 - 12/15/2019
Thanks, that was easy enough.

When I implement this it automatically skips to the next stimuli in the trial after the 5000 ms timelimit. Is there a way of haulting the test instead of going forward automatically? And have the respondent press a button before the next stimuli appears?

Yes, you can /branch to some trial that displays nothing or some kind of message and requires a key press before moving on. I.e.

(The below trial will accept a press on any key, specify the key or keys you want to allow in /validresponse)

<trial pause>
/ validresponse = (anyresponse)
</trial>

with

<trial attributeA>
/timeout = 5000
/ branch = [ if (trial.attributeA.response == 0) trial.pause]
</trial>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...