Question regarding making instructions

Author
uni-student92084
Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)Partner Member (608 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I'm trying to interpret this IAT script and there is a line in the instructions sections that I don't understand. It is the item with <% surrounding it, I will provide the script down below: 

instruction section:
/ 2 = "Put your left finger on the 'E' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>'.
Put your right finger on the 'I' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>'.
~nIf you make an error, a red X will appear - to continue, press the other response key.
~nGo as fast as you can while making as few errors as possible."

/ 3 = "Press the left 'E' key for '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.
Press the right 'I' key for '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.rightTarget%>'.
~nEach item belongs to only one category.

I don't understand what the purpose of items such as:  '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and  '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.

I'm asking this because I'm trying to write my own instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Kksham052 - 1/10/2020
Hello,
I'm trying to interpret this IAT script and there is a line in the instructions sections that I don't understand. It is the item with <% surrounding it, I will provide the script down below: 

instruction section:
/ 2 = "Put your left finger on the 'E' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>'.
Put your right finger on the 'I' response key for items that belong to the category '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>'.
~nIf you make an error, a red X will appear - to continue, press the other response key.
~nGo as fast as you can while making as few errors as possible."

/ 3 = "Press the left 'E' key for '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.
Press the right 'I' key for '<%item.attributeBlabel.item(1)%>' and '<%expressions.rightTarget%>'.
~nEach item belongs to only one category.

I don't understand what the purpose of items such as:  '<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%>' and  '<%expressions.leftTarget%>'.

I'm asking this because I'm trying to write my own instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<% %> dynamically inserts the value of the referenced property into the instructions. I.e.

<%item.attributeAlabel.item(1)%> inserts the first item listed in the script's <item attributeAlabel> element into the instructions text.

<item attributeAlabel>
/1 = "Good"
</item>

In the same vein, <%expressions.leftTarget%> inserts the return value of the expression leftTarget in the script's <expressions> element into the instructions text.

Note: expressions used to assign the correct label to the left and right response keys
<expressions>
/leftTarget = if(mod(script.groupid, 2) != 0){
    item.targetAlabel.item(1);
} else {
    item.targetBlabel.item(1);
};
/rightTarget = if (mod(script.groupid, 2) != 0){
    item.targetBlabel.item(1);
} else {
    item.targetAlabel.item(1);
};
</expressions>