Error feedback during trial

Author
tj88
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a disappearing 'error' message if the correct response is not given during a trial. So far I have managed to create this 'error' message, and get it to appear when an incorrect response is given, but I'm struggling to get the text to disappear. As it is dependent on if/when the participant makes an incorrect response, it does not seem possible to erase the error stimulus in the stimulus times section.
Please help!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tj88 - 2/11/2020
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a disappearing 'error' message if the correct response is not given during a trial. So far I have managed to create this 'error' message, and get it to appear when an incorrect response is given, but I'm struggling to get the text to disappear. As it is dependent on if/when the participant makes an incorrect response, it does not seem possible to erase the error stimulus in the stimulus times section.
Please help!

Error messages stay on-screen until the trial ends. Whether there's a way to work around that or not, depends on the specifics, i.e. you'll have to explain what exactly you want to do and how exactly you want the trial to behave.

tj88
tj88
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 2/11/2020
tj88 - 2/11/2020
Hi there,

Please help!

Error messages stay on-screen until the trial ends. Whether there's a way to work around that or not, depends on the specifics, i.e. you'll have to explain what exactly you want to do and how exactly you want the trial to behave.

So I want the error message to be erased after a short period, so that it appears to flash up on the screen. Its important that it doesnt stay on the screen (visably) as this would impede the rest of the trial. Is there a way to set a sequence where if incorrect response, error text displays and then if error text displays, error erase displays Xms afterwards?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tj88 - 2/11/2020

So I want the error message to be erased after a short period, so that it appears to flash up on the screen. Its important that it doesnt stay on the screen (visably) as this would impede the rest of the trial. Is there a way to set a sequence where if incorrect response, error text displays and then if error text displays, error erase displays Xms afterwards?

Could you please explain how that trial actually looks? I.e. when does it do what? Display stimuli when? For how long? When does it begin to accept responses? What's "the rest of the trial" that's supposed to happen after response, etc.?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search