Feedback character response within randomized trials

Author
psychology8
Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I have two phases to task. There are 7 total trials, each with different randomized numbers that they see. For the first phase, they are asked to look at these numbers and respond using the dropdown menu (compiled of words). For phase 2, I would like to show participants the exact same trial from phase 1 with their response on the screen. I would like to ask them why they chose that option previously. 

I've seen previous forum posts on how to do this with extraversion scales and averaging ratings, however, I'm not sure how to go about this with characters rather than numbers. I appreciate your help. 

Thanks.
psychology8
psychology8
Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)
psychology8 - 2/12/2020
Hello, 

I have two phases to task. There are 7 total trials, each with different randomized numbers that they see. For the first phase, they are asked to look at these numbers and respond using the dropdown menu (compiled of words). For phase 2, I would like to show participants the exact same trial from phase 1 with their response on the screen. I would like to ask them why they chose that option previously. 

I've seen previous forum posts on how to do this with extraversion scales and averaging ratings, however, I'm not sure how to go about this with characters rather than numbers. I appreciate your help. 

Thanks.

Want to mention that they will complete all 7 trials with their responses for phase 1, before proceeding to phase 2.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
psychology8 - 2/12/2020
Hello, 

Thanks.

There really is not much of a difference whether digits or words are involved, you do it in the same way.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 2/12/2020
psychology8 - 2/12/2020
Hello, 

Thanks.

There really is not much of a difference whether digits or words are involved, you do it in the same way.

See e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic4571.aspx which is reasonably similar.

psychology8
psychology8
Dave - 2/12/2020
Dave - 2/12/2020
psychology8 - 2/12/2020
Hello, 

Thanks.

See e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic4571.aspx which is reasonably similar.

Thanks, Dave. How would you go about it with three options, not just yes or no? Wondering about the skips during the block 2
Dave
Dave
psychology8 - 2/12/2020
Dave - 2/12/2020
Dave - 2/12/2020
psychology8 - 2/12/2020
Hello, 

Thanks.

Thanks, Dave. How would you go about it with three options, not just yes or no? Wondering about the skips during the block 2

The number of options really makes no difference. The skips are just there because in this particular case, only "yes" response were supposed to be elaborated on (which you don't need). Give me bare-bones runnable example code for, say, two of your trials, and I'll show you how to go about it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search