data in wide format

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mongrel - 3/9/2020
Hi Dave,

sorry, OK:
Is it possible that Inquisit saves the data in a wide format with which we would not have to transpone anymore?
Meaning: First, Inquisit should sort according to prime. Then according to target and then sort columns like that (the number indicates the trial):

subject   time   date   values.prime1   values.target1   values.targetcategory1   response1   correct1   latency1   values.prime2 values.target2 values.targetcategory2 response2 correct2 latency2   values.prime3 values.target3 values.targetcategory3 response3 correct3 latency3 ......values.prime200 values.target200 values.targetcategory200 response200 correct200 latency200

Thank you very much!!!
R.

> Is it possible that Inquisit saves the data in a wide format with which we would not have to transpone anymore?

No, not really. The only thing you can do is create values, populate them as needed and have the summary data file write them out as discussed previously. Obviously, given the amount of stimuli involved here, that would be extremely tedious, and you're better off transposing the raw data file using your preferred data analysis application.

I'm also struggling to see for what kind of analysis that would be a desirable or suitable data format, to be perfectly honest.

Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
mongrel
mongrel
Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/9/2020
mongrel - 3/9/2020
Hi Dave,

sorry, OK:
Is it possible that Inquisit saves the data in a wide format with which we would not have to transpone anymore?
Meaning: First, Inquisit should sort according to prime. Then according to target and then sort columns like that (the number indicates the trial):

subject   time   date   values.prime1   values.target1   values.targetcategory1   response1   correct1   latency1   values.prime2 values.target2 values.targetcategory2 response2 correct2 latency2   values.prime3 values.target3 values.targetcategory3 response3 correct3 latency3 ......values.prime200 values.target200 values.targetcategory200 response200 correct200 latency200

Thank you very much!!!
R.

> Is it possible that Inquisit saves the data in a wide format with which we would not have to transpone anymore?

No, not really. The only thing you can do is create values, populate them as needed and have the summary data file write them out as discussed previously. Obviously, given the amount of stimuli involved here, that would be extremely tedious, and you're better off transposing the raw data file using your preferred data analysis application.

I'm also struggling to see for what kind of analysis that would be a desirable or suitable data format, to be perfectly honest.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer! We did transpose everything ourselves in previous studies (with the AMP for example) and I found it quite laborious.

As for your last remark: I understand that it seems a bit weird to want such a format. In the end, we simply need the facilitation scores for each of the 10 stimuli after dealing with too long latencies and filtering for erroneous trials. Therefore, we need this incredibly long raw file (we are working with SPSS). I hope that was understanble.

Thank you again for your help and thoughts!
R.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mongrel - 3/10/2020
Dave - 3/9/2020
mongrel - 3/9/2020
Hi Dave,

sorry, OK:

Thank you very much!!!
R.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer! We did transpose everything ourselves in previous studies (with the AMP for example) and I found it quite laborious.

As for your last remark: I understand that it seems a bit weird to want such a format. In the end, we simply need the facilitation scores for each of the 10 stimuli after dealing with too long latencies and filtering for erroneous trials. Therefore, we need this incredibly long raw file (we are working with SPSS). I hope that was understanble.

Thank you again for your help and thoughts!
R.

Perhaps it would be easier to have Inquisit calculate the facilitation scores directly, but to say whether that's possible, you'd have to describe in detail how you want to compute those.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search