Ospan-modification help

Author
MilanSchoenmaeckers
Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/12/2020
You wrote:

"1. In the Prac_both block are 4 trials: 2 trials of setsize 2 and 2 trials of setsize 3. Three out of 4 trials have the correct sequence; show_math, solve_math, show_letter_practice, recall_letter, and letter_feedback. In one of these 4 trials, the solve_math isn't invoked. "

There aren't 2 trials of setsize 2 and 2 trials of setsize 3 for the prac_both block in the code you pasted. The list controlling the set sizes for that block has 3 times the set size 2.

<list PracBothSetSize>
/ items = (2,2,2)
/ selectionmode = sequence
/ selectionrate = trial
</list>

You further stated ( https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost28514.aspx ) that you had integrated the logic for the additional blocks in your init trial. The init trial in the code you posted contains no such extended logic:

<trial InitSetSize>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.currentsetsize=0; values.lettercount=0; values.correctletters=0;
  values.recallcount=0; values.recalledletters=""]
/ ontrialbegin = [if(script.currentblock=="PracLetter")
  {values.currentsetsize=list.PracLetterSetSize.nextvalue}]
/ ontrialbegin = [if(script.currentblock=="PracBoth")
  {values.currentsetsize=list.PracBothSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
/ ontrialbegin = [if(script.currentblock=="TestBoth")
  {values.currentsetsize=list.TestBothSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
/ ontrialend = [clear(item.PresentedLetters); clear(item.RecalledLetters)]
/ branch = [if(script.currentblock=="PracLetter")trial.show_letter_practice else trial.InitMathProblem01]
/ validresponse = (noresponse)
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

Similarly, the two additional <list> elements you mention in https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost28514.aspx are nowhere to be found in the code you posted.

So, can I please get the actual, correct script from you? Obviously you are working with something else than what you ended up posting. Thank you.
My apologies! After your comments previously today, I tried to solve my problem by making an InitSetSize_NonActing and InitSetSize_Acting. However, it didn't work and I forgot to update this in my previous comment. 

Attached is the file that I'm currently working in.
Attachments
automatedospan_12:03.iqx (191 views, 56.00 KB)
lamp_aan.png (188 views, 47.00 KB)
lamp_uit.png (179 views, 24.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MilanSchoenmaeckers - 3/12/2020
Dave - 3/12/2020
You wrote:

"1. In the Prac_both block are 4 trials: 2 trials of setsize 2 and 2 trials of setsize 3. Three out of 4 trials have the correct sequence; show_math, solve_math, show_letter_practice, recall_letter, and letter_feedback. In one of these 4 trials, the solve_math isn't invoked. "

There aren't 2 trials of setsize 2 and 2 trials of setsize 3 for the prac_both block in the code you pasted. The list controlling the set sizes for that block has 3 times the set size 2.

<list PracBothSetSize>
/ items = (2,2,2)
/ selectionrate = trial
</list>

You further stated ( https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost28514.aspx ) that you had integrated the logic for the additional blocks in your init trial. The init trial in the code you posted contains no such extended logic:

<trial InitSetSize>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.currentsetsize=0; values.lettercount=0; values.correctletters=0;
  {values.currentsetsize=list.PracBothSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
  {values.currentsetsize=list.TestBothSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
/ branch = [if(script.currentblock=="PracLetter")trial.show_letter_practice else trial.InitMathProblem01]
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

Similarly, the two additional <list> elements you mention in https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost28514.aspx are nowhere to be found in the code you posted.

So, can I please get the actual, correct script from you? Obviously you are working with something else than what you ended up posting. Thank you.
My apologies! After your comments previously today, I tried to solve my problem by making an InitSetSize_NonActing and InitSetSize_Acting. However, it didn't work and I forgot to update this in my previous comment. 

<trial InitSetSize>
/ ontrialbegin = [if(script.currentblock=="TestBoth_NonActing")
  {values.currentsetsize=list.Non_ActingSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
/ ontrialbegin = [if(script.currentblock=="TestBoth_Acting")
  {values.currentsetsize=list.ActingSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

That's not what those blocks are actually called in your script. They're called "Non_Acting"

<block Non_Acting>
/ onblockbegin = [if(script.subjectid!="debug")
    {text.currentsetsize.textcolor=white; text.letterstrings.textcolor=white;
    text.mathdebug.textcolor=silver; text.mathtimeout.textcolor=silver;
    text.scoredebug.textcolor=white}]
/ onblockbegin = [text.MathFeedback.textcolor=black; text.MathScore.textcolor=red]
/ onblockbegin = [values.mathcurrenterrors=0; values.mathaccuracy=0; values.mathaccerrors=0;
    values.mathtotalerrors=0; values.mathspeederrors=0; values.mathproblemcount=0;
    values.lettercount=0; values.correctletters=0; values.currentsetsize=0;
    values.recallcount=0; values.recalledletters=""; values.totalrecalledsets=0;
    values.totalcorrectletters=0; values.ospan=0]
/ stop = [values.stopblock==1]
/ onblockend = [values.stopblock=0]
/ trials = [1=InitSetSize]
</block>

and "Acting"

<block Acting>
/ onblockbegin = [text.MathFeedback.textcolor=black; text.MathScore.textcolor=red]
/ onblockbegin = [values.mathcurrenterrors=0; values.mathaccuracy=0; values.mathaccerrors=0;
/ trials = [1=instructions_acting; 2=InitSetSize]
</block>

For the rest, review the attached revision closely, please.
Attachments
automatedospan_12_03.iqx (194 views, 56.00 KB)
MilanSchoenmaeckers
MilanSchoenmaeckers
Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)Associate Member (296 reputation)
Dave - 3/12/2020
Dave - 3/12/2020
You wrote:

<list PracBothSetSize>
/ items = (2,2,2)
/ selectionrate = trial
</list>

<trial InitSetSize>
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

<trial InitSetSize>
  {values.currentsetsize=list.Non_ActingSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
  {values.currentsetsize=list.ActingSetSize.nextvalue; reset(list.TestLetterList)}]
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

That's not what those blocks are actually called in your script. They're called "Non_Acting"

<block Non_Acting>
</block>

and "Acting"

<block Acting>
</block>

Thank you for your time and patience working on this revision.

After reviewing, it seems that there is one remaining issue. In the prac_both, nonacting_block, and acting_block, a trial should look (depending on the set size) look like this: a math problem is shown, followed by the solution, and next the letter with a light bulb, followed by the recall screen after the amount of letters for the set have been shown, and the feedback on this recall. However, some trials do not invoke the answer to the math problem. How should I solve this issue?

All other blocks and stimuli work perfectly fine. 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MilanSchoenmaeckers - 3/13/2020
Dave - 3/12/2020
Dave - 3/12/2020
You wrote:

<list PracBothSetSize>
/ items = (2,2,2)
/ selectionrate = trial
</list>

<trial InitSetSize>
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

<trial InitSetSize>
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

<block Non_Acting>
</block>

and "Acting"

<block Acting>
</block>

After reviewing, it seems that there is one remaining issue. In the prac_both, nonacting_block, and acting_block, a trial should look (depending on the set size) look like this: a math problem is shown, followed by the solution, and next the letter with a light bulb, followed by the recall screen after the amount of letters for the set have been shown, and the feedback on this recall. However, some trials do not invoke the answer to the math problem. How should I solve this issue?

> However, some trials do not invoke the answer to the math problem.

You're misunderstanding the task. There is a performance-based timeout for the math problems. Only if you respond to the math problem screen *before the timeout runs out* will you get the answer screen.

Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
MilanSchoenmaeckers
MilanSchoenmaeckers
Dave - 3/13/2020
MilanSchoenmaeckers - 3/13/2020
Dave - 3/12/2020
Dave - 3/12/2020
You wrote:

<list PracBothSetSize>
/ items = (2,2,2)
/ selectionrate = trial
</list>

<trial InitSetSize>
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

<trial InitSetSize>
/ trialduration = 0
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

<block Non_Acting>
</block>

and "Acting"

<block Acting>
</block>

> However, some trials do not invoke the answer to the math problem.

You're misunderstanding the task. There is a performance-based timeout for the math problems. Only if you respond to the math problem screen *before the timeout runs out* will you get the answer screen.

Ofcourse! How stupid of my.I completely overlooked that it is performance-based with a timeout. Thank you for all your help with modifying the script for my master's thesis.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search