Tobii eyetracker - additional columns for gazedata

Author
strange_r_things
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there!
I am using Inquisit 5 and the Tobii Plugin to record gaze preferences between different visual stimuli.
I would like to add a column to the eyetracker file to indicate trialnumber, the type of stimulus displayed, and the trialtype. Is this possible?

So far, I have tried to include following columns in the <eyetracker> element (in addition to the gaze, fixation, and pupil.width columns):
/ columns = (list.faces.currentvalue, script.currenttrial.currenttrialnumber, trialnum)

while I don't receive an error message, the final gaze file does not contain any of these columns.

What am I doing wrong here? The columns work when I try to include them to the <data> element

Thanks in advance -
Stefan

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
strange_r_things - 3/9/2020
Hi there!
I am using Inquisit 5 and the Tobii Plugin to record gaze preferences between different visual stimuli.
I would like to add a column to the eyetracker file to indicate trialnumber, the type of stimulus displayed, and the trialtype. Is this possible?

So far, I have tried to include following columns in the <eyetracker> element (in addition to the gaze, fixation, and pupil.width columns):
/ columns = (list.faces.currentvalue, script.currenttrial.currenttrialnumber, trialnum)

while I don't receive an error message, the final gaze file does not contain any of these columns.

What am I doing wrong here? The columns work when I try to include them to the <data> element

Thanks in advance -
Stefan

You need to set up markers indicating item, trial number and type. Those can be captured in the gaza data stream. See https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/sendmarkerstotobii.htm
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search