Obtaining .iqdata file from a .iqx file

Author
sean_burdette
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or if my question is trivial. I'm new to the software and am still working on getting the hang of it. 

I'm currently consolidating data sets from a task. Some of the participant data sets were saved as .igx files rather than .igdat files. Is it possible to convert these .igx data sets to .igdat files, or otherwise obtain the participant's recorded data directly from the script?

Thanks in advance,

Sean Burdette
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sean_burdette - 3/10/2020
Hello, 

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or if my question is trivial. I'm new to the software and am still working on getting the hang of it. 

I'm currently consolidating data sets from a task. Some of the participant data sets were saved as .igx files rather than .igdat files. Is it possible to convert these .igx data sets to .igdat files, or otherwise obtain the participant's recorded data directly from the script?

Thanks in advance,

Sean Burdette

*.iqx files are the script files, i.e. the actual task / program that participants complete. *.iqdat files are the data files generated when completing the task, i.e. they hold the participants' responses. In either case, both *.iqx and *.iqdat files are just simple text files (you can open them with any text editor), so there is nothing to convert. If you have some data files mistakenly saved with an *.iqx extension instead of *.iqdat, you can simply change the extension to *.iqdat.
sean_burdette
sean_burdette
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Dave - 3/10/2020

*.iqx files are the script files, i.e. the actual task / program that participants complete. *.iqdat files are the data files generated when completing the task, i.e. they hold the participants' responses. In either case, both *.iqx and *.iqdat files are just simple text files (you can open them with any text editor), so there is nothing to convert. If you have some data files mistakenly saved with an *.iqx extension instead of *.iqdat, you can simply change the extension to *.iqdat.

I See. I believe that the RA running the task saved the raw and summary data files as .igx. Converting these files to .iqdat only provides the script. If this is the case, is it no longer possible to obtain the data from these files?

- Sean Burdette
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 3/10/2020

I See. I believe that the RA running the task saved the raw and summary data files as .igx. Converting these files to .iqdat only provides the script. If this is the case, is it no longer possible to obtain the data from these files?

- Sean Burdette

> I believe that the RA running the task saved the raw and summary data files as .igx. Converting these files to .iqdat only provides the script.

Then these files never were data files to begin with. *.iqdat files do not contain the script. To give you an example, here's how an *.iqx file looks (again, it's just a text file)

and here's how a raw data file from that task looks

or the corresponding summary data file

sean_burdette
sean_burdette
Dave - 3/10/2020
Dave - 3/10/2020

- Sean Burdette

> I believe that the RA running the task saved the raw and summary data files as .igx. Converting these files to .iqdat only provides the script.

Then these files never were data files to begin with. *.iqdat files do not contain the script. To give you an example, here's how an *.iqx file looks (again, it's just a text file)

and here's how a raw data file from that task looks

or the corresponding summary data file

I see. Thank you for the help, Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search