PASAT-C

Author
mroys1@lsu.edu
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I'm using the PASAT-C for my dissertation. There are three levels, with the third level being 10 minutes as written in the coding but with editable code you can change how long the level is. The problem I've having is that when I do not change the code and it is at the standard 10 minutes, the level only lasts about 5 minutes. When I changed the code to other time allotments it still only lasts for about 5 minutes. I need to be able to have the test actually last 10 minutes or it will not be long enough to get the effect I want. I purchased this software to run this particular test. Any suggestions on what to do?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mroys1@lsu.edu - 3/19/2020
Hello, I'm using the PASAT-C for my dissertation. There are three levels, with the third level being 10 minutes as written in the coding but with editable code you can change how long the level is. The problem I've having is that when I do not change the code and it is at the standard 10 minutes, the level only lasts about 5 minutes. When I changed the code to other time allotments it still only lasts for about 5 minutes. I need to be able to have the test actually last 10 minutes or it will not be long enough to get the effect I want. I purchased this software to run this particular test. Any suggestions on what to do?

Would you happen to have a raw data file illustrating the issue?

(I think I have an idea what the problem may be, but would like to double-check with one of your raw data files.)
Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 3/19/2020
mroys1@lsu.edu - 3/19/2020

Would you happen to have a raw data file illustrating the issue?

(I think I have an idea what the problem may be, but would like to double-check with one of your raw data files.)

Okay, found the mistake. There is a typo / mixup in the /stop condition for the level 3 <block>. This:

<block level3>
/ stop = [values.quit == 1 || block.level3.trialcount >= expressions.level3trials]
/ onblockbegin = [
    values.currentLevel = 3;
]
/ trials = [
    1 = first_level3;
    2 = level3;
]
/ recorddata = true
</block>

ought to actually be

<block level3>
/ stop = [values.quit == 1 || trial.level3.trialcount >= expressions.level3trials]
/ onblockbegin = [
    values.currentLevel = 3;
]
/ trials = [
    1 = first_level3;
    2 = level3;
]
/ recorddata = true
</block>

Otherwise the ISI trials go into the count, leading the block to run only half as many level 3 trials as it should.

A fixed version of the script is attached below.

Attachments
pasatc.zip (168 views, 109.00 KB)
mroys1@lsu.edu
mroys1@lsu.edu
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Awesome, thanks!!!
Dave
Dave
mroys1@lsu.edu - 3/20/2020
Awesome, thanks!!!

Thank you for noticing the issue and pointing it out!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search