Issues batch to run two scripts

Author
juliehendry
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm using a simple batch script to try to run two scripts in sequence.  Subjectid parameter used to link from a qualtrics questionnaire.

<batch>
/ file = " smnstroop.iqx"
/ file = " socialmediadotprobe_images.iqx"
</batch>

Both scripts run fine individually in inquisit and when called individually from qualtrics.

But I can't get the batch to work I keep getting an error.

In inquisit an error is showing for the first script called. 
File error "No such file or directory (5) '/Users/.../.../Inquisit/ smnstroop.iqx' Line 81, File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/Path.cpp" - no idea who seandr is? 

I checked the script - nada.  I re-ordered the scripts and got the exact same error on the alternate script too.

I tried to run on the web.  The error I get from inquisit player is QNetwork Error:Error transferring  '/Users/.../.../Inquisit/ smnstroop.iqx' server replied: Line 87, File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/Path.cpp"

I've tried setting subjectid paramater in the batch script alone and also setting it in all three scripts.

At my wits end any help much appreciated!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Please provide the scripts and any and all files (images, etc.) the scripts require. It's absolutely impossible to say where the mistake is without them.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 3/20/2020
Please provide the scripts and any and all files (images, etc.) the scripts require. It's absolutely impossible to say where the mistake is without them.

Notice you have a typo in your <batch> script:

You have both file names starting with a space. I'm willing to bet the file names actually do not start with a space, and the <batch> simply ought to read:

<batch>
/ file = "smnstroop.iqx"
/ file = "socialmediadotprobe_images.iqx"
</batch>

juliehendry
juliehendry
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/20/2020
Dave - 3/20/2020

Notice you have a typo in your <batch> script:

You have both file names starting with a space. I'm willing to bet the file names actually do not start with a space, and the <batch> simply ought to read:

<batch>
/ file = "smnstroop.iqx"
/ file = "socialmediadotprobe_images.iqx"
</batch>

You are my hero thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore