Keyboar input buttons on ipad dissapear when clicked

Author
Labev
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am running an attention task which has the keyboard buttons E and I as respose keys.  When the task is run on an ipad the buttons display properly at the bottom of the screen and the responses seem to be collected properly.  However each time one of the buttons is touched both buttons will temporarily dissapear.  It is unclear if the timing of the next trial is impacted by this.  The dissapearance of the buttons is distracting.  Is there any way to verify the continuity of proper timing?  Is there any way to prevent the buttons from dissapearing, perhaps having them change colour instead?  The task is running on inquisit 5 web.

Thank you
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Labev - 4/9/2020
Hello,

I am running an attention task which has the keyboard buttons E and I as respose keys.  When the task is run on an ipad the buttons display properly at the bottom of the screen and the responses seem to be collected properly.  However each time one of the buttons is touched both buttons will temporarily dissapear.  It is unclear if the timing of the next trial is impacted by this.  The dissapearance of the buttons is distracting.  Is there any way to verify the continuity of proper timing?  Is there any way to prevent the buttons from dissapearing, perhaps having them change colour instead?  The task is running on inquisit 5 web.

Thank you

> However each time one of the buttons is touched both buttons will temporarily dissapear.

You likely have some kind of ITI trial running after each input trial. That ITI <trial> element likely takes no input and thus has no buttons to display. Define the E and I keys as /validresponse in the ITI trial and the buttons won't disappear.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search