How to generate a custom identification code with keyboard?

Author
DannyPilgrim
Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everybody,

is it possible to generate a function within an inquisit script to enter a personal identification code?
I'd like to define it in a way that the participant is able to use the keyboard and write his own code down at the beginning of the experiment.

I tried using html.pages but it did not function.
I have already found the webpage with the title "Assigning Subject Numbers in Web Experiments" but it does not say how someone can enter his code individually with the keyboard

If you have any idea how to do it, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Danny

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
DannyPilgrim - 4/10/2020
Hello everybody,

is it possible to generate a function within an inquisit script to enter a personal identification code?
I'd like to define it in a way that the participant is able to use the keyboard and write his own code down at the beginning of the experiment.

I have already found the webpage with the title "Assigning Subject Numbers in Web Experiments" but it does not say how someone can enter his code individually with the keyboard

Thank you
Danny

If you want to collect a participant-entered subject ID in a web experiment, use one of the User Entered options in the web experiment settings:

If you want to collect some different code -- separate and apart from the subject ID -- in a script, use <openended> or a <textbox> on a <surveypage>.

DannyPilgrim
DannyPilgrim
Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 4/10/2020
DannyPilgrim - 4/10/2020
Hello everybody,

Thank you
Danny

If you want to collect a participant-entered subject ID in a web experiment, use one of the User Entered options in the web experiment settings:

If you want to collect some different code -- separate and apart from the subject ID -- in a script, use <openended> or a <textbox> on a <surveypage>.

Thank you very much!
I  wasn't aware of this function.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search