Using same randomized pairs across sessions

Author
TDang
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone, I'm trying to program a rather complicated task and I'm having trouble finding anything online about how to do it, so I thought you all might have an idea.

The most pressing issue is that participants have to see the same randomized face-statement pairings over multiple days. So the pairs would be randomized during the first day but I need to present the same previously randomized pairings on subsequent days. I'm pretty sure a list element will be involved. The only other work around I could think of is to pre-create separate scripts for each randomization and assign participants to their specific ordering each day. However, this would just be a pain given how many possible orderings and participants I have.

Is there a way for Inquisit to recall on the second session what the randomized pairings on the first session?

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
TDang - 4/20/2020
Hello everyone, I'm trying to program a rather complicated task and I'm having trouble finding anything online about how to do it, so I thought you all might have an idea.

The most pressing issue is that participants have to see the same randomized face-statement pairings over multiple days. So the pairs would be randomized during the first day but I need to present the same previously randomized pairings on subsequent days. I'm pretty sure a list element will be involved. The only other work around I could think of is to pre-create separate scripts for each randomization and assign participants to their specific ordering each day. However, this would just be a pain given how many possible orderings and participants I have.

Is there a way for Inquisit to recall on the second session what the randomized pairings on the first session?

Thanks in advance!

> Is there a way for Inquisit to recall on the second session what the randomized pairings on the first session?

No, there is not. You need to implement some variant of the workaround (i.e. pre-generated pairings).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search