Timer animations

Author
Nicoleyayayay
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi I was wondering how to enlarge and increase the size of the timer after a specific time frame (e.g. 15seconds). Or perhaps even changing the colour of the timer? 

Tanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Nicoleyayayay - 4/28/2020
Hi I was wondering how to enlarge and increase the size of the timer after a specific time frame (e.g. 15seconds). Or perhaps even changing the colour of the timer? 

Tanks!

It's probably not possible, but I can't say with certainty. Please describe in detail what exactly you want to do.
Nicoleyayayay
Nicoleyayayay
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
Dave - 4/28/2020

Tanks!

It's probably not possible, but I can't say with certainty. Please describe in detail what exactly you want to do.

I would like to induce time pressure in my trial item (solving a maths equation) and wanted to increase this pressure by emphasizing the stopwatch after 30seconds. Preferably enlarging the timer or other options are welcome.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 4/28/2020

Tanks!

I would like to induce time pressure in my trial item (solving a maths equation) and wanted to increase this pressure by emphasizing the stopwatch after 30seconds. Preferably enlarging the timer or other options are welcome.

The only way to do this is to play tricks with the /animation attribute, and basically switch out one time <clock> with another after a period of time. In the below example, the green countdown clock will be moved off-screen after 5 seconds and a parallel red countdown clock will be moved on-screen.

<clock countdown1>
/ timeout = 10000
/ mode = timer
/ txcolor = green
/ animation = points(10000, 1, 50%, 50%, -10%, -10%)
</clock>

<clock countdown2>
/ timeout = 10000
/ mode = timer
/ txcolor = red
/ animation = points(10000, 1, -10%, 10%, 50%, 50%)
</clock>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulustimes = [0=countdown1, countdown2]
/ validresponse = (57)
/ beginresponsetime = 0
</trial>

Nicoleyayayay
Nicoleyayayay
Dave - 4/28/2020
Dave - 4/28/2020

Tanks!

The only way to do this is to play tricks with the /animation attribute, and basically switch out one time <clock> with another after a period of time. In the below example, the green countdown clock will be moved off-screen after 5 seconds and a parallel red countdown clock will be moved on-screen.

<clock countdown1>
/ timeout = 10000
/ mode = timer
/ txcolor = green
/ animation = points(10000, 1, 50%, 50%, -10%, -10%)
</clock>

<clock countdown2>
/ timeout = 10000
/ mode = timer
/ txcolor = red
/ animation = points(10000, 1, -10%, 10%, 50%, 50%)
</clock>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulustimes = [0=countdown1, countdown2]
/ validresponse = (57)
/ beginresponsetime = 0
</trial>

That really helped!! Thank you so much.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...